Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N.A.R.G.C grants

Options
  • 30-03-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Have any of you guys got any of the grants offered by the N.A.R.G.C for funding of Grouse projects or grants for the purchase of preditor control equipment for your clubs??
    if so, how did you go about it and how much would expect to recive for the mentioned above?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Have any of you guys got any of the grants offered by the N.A.R.G.C for funding of Grouse projects or grants for the purchase of preditor control equipment for your clubs??
    if so, how did you go about it and how much would expect to recive for the mentioned above?

we have gottem them in the past ill check it out and get back to you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Ok Sweet, most of the heads in my club are old timers and wont go to much hastle or spend a penny, altough they are all bang on and what they dont know about rearing birds or hunting isnt worth knowing, we could do with a few more larsen and rat traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Currently the Galway branch of the NARGC is offering 50% return on vermin equipment. We just submit the receipt as they refund the amount

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Same up here, by the way two clubs I'm involved in run an internal bounty on vermin, sort of gives back a cartridge for every vermin shot. It works well

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

NARGC will also give you back money if you take part in the vermin shoot each year. Submit your various wings, heads, tails etc for the count - there more you submit the more you get back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Same up here, by the way two clubs I'm involved in run an internal bounty on vermin, sort of gives back a cartridge for every vermin shot. It works well

How does that work exactly?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Terrier wrote: »

Not 100% sure but the NARGC or (possibly the county board) run a vermin competition that ends around Easter. Clubs bring the vermin to a central location on a given day, get it counted and the winners get X amount. Each pest gets points, Grey Crow, Magpies, Fox, Mink etc and points are totalled up to determine winner. As far as I know nearly every entrant gets something back, no matter how paltry. Our club got just over a €100 at the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

im a member of the NARGC, if i bought a larsen trap, or a magpie trap would i be able to get fifty percent back by just sending them the receipt? or how does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

im a member of the NARGC, if i bought a larsen trap, or a magpie trap would i be able to get fifty percent back by just sending them the receipt? or how does it work?

Normally done by the clubs. Club could submit your receipt and give you rebate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Terrier wrote: »

Method one:
    Shoot vermin keep wings/head count vermin and for every vermin shot you get x cartridges. Someone in the club keeps a tally.

Method two:
    Organise vermin days, meet at x time and count vermin keep tally

I know some people will argue you shouldn't have to "reward" people to hunt vermin, I find the same lads are doing it but at least there getting their cartridges plus..

By the way Club purchases the cartridges

• Advertisement
Advertisement