Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to retrieve Imagine Broadband password

Options
  • 30-03-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I'm changing a relatives router and I need to retrieve their broadband password for Imagine.

I have the username from the old router config, but can't see the password as it appears as ******** in the router.

How can I retrieve this ? Their support desk is closed and she doesnt have the paperwork that came with the connection originally.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you're using Firefox as the borwser, then go to Tools -> Options, then on the Security tab click Show Passwords and you can see the passwords for various websites that are saved, including those on the the router config which will be 192.168.x.x or something like that.

If you're using IE then there's probably a similar way to do it too, but I'm not sure as I don't use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Thanks. I am a FF user, but on the machine concerned it was all IE.

I came across an interesting browser hack that displays any website form password field values in a javascript window. That allowed me to retrieve the password. Good thing too - I would never have guessed it.

Thanks for the tip on FF though - never knew that one.

Advertisement