Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo & iPod Query

Options
  • 30-03-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to use an iPod (current nano version) in a new '08 Volvo S40. The car has an aux-in port in the box under the central armrest.

I've connected the iPod using a cable with 3.5mm jacks on either end - one end in the iPod's headphone socket, one in the car's aux socket. When I have it connected that way the sound works fine, but to control anything other than the volume I have to use the clickwheel on the iPod, which is not ideal.

Has anyone tried this set-up with a cable that would go from the iPod's dock connector rather than its headphone socket? I think I should be able to get the steering wheel controls to work the iPod if I do that, but the cable's €25 so I'd rather not fork out only to find it doesn't do what I want it to.

I'd be particularly interested to hear from Volvo owners with a similar set-up, but any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mondeo has same 3.5mm jack aux-in. The 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable is the cheapest option. Getting control will cost you an arm and a leg. The best available at the moment for reasonable value is the autopilot from griffin. Some griffin stuff in halfords and will probably get it for you if you want to avoid net purchase.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

but it does not mount the unit.

or try the tuneflex aux

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflexaux

It will mount the nano within reach and play via the aux.

Note: Turn the max volume output on the ipod to the max and you will not have to turn the stereo volume up higher than normal radio levels when playing via the aux.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

You need to get the specific Volvo i pod dock cable for the best result which will allow you control all the ipod functions from the radio but it's a dear option at €600

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hi I bought a peugeot 407 today, does anyone here have an ipod connected up to one? The manual says there's:

"two analogue inputs which can be activated by the peugeot network (aux1 and aux2) for mp3 players,hands-free kits or navigation systems"

But I can't seem to find either of them, there's none on the control panel, It says there's one of them in the glove-box but I can't see it :confused:

it's a JBL RD4 system.

Advertisement