Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna Learn Windsurfing!!

Options
  • 30-03-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    i've really been wanting to learn windsurfing for a good while now and after putting it off for 2 summers, i've finally decided i'm gonna do it this summer.

I've got no experience with any sorta surfing though i know a decent bit of sailing. Well, main problem is i don't know much bout windsurfing in Dublin and neither do i know anyone who's into it.

So if you guys here could help me out and lemme know which is a good place to learn windsurfing in Dublin and what all i'ld need, it'ld be great!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RedStarHardkore

If you don't get an answer here, you could try picking up a copy of FINS mag at your local Easons. That usually has info on Irish windsurfing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

I don't windsurf myself but I do know that the inner estuary in Malahide usually has a lot of windsurfers/sailors on it and there's a windsurfing/sailing school that does lessons there. Try google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

hi,

I try to get out a bit in Malahide and other spots around dublin. Tis good to get wet when ye cant make the trip west.

I'm only learning myself, I did alot when I was younger but nothing in like 6yrs. Bought some kit last yr and got back into it handy enough, but as I say I had the basics down from yrs ago.

You can get good kit cheap enough second hand if you look around. There was someone selling a complete beginner set on adverts.ie a while back for 450/500. Looked like a bargin.

A good place to start is join the windsurfingireland email group on yahoo. Good source of info.

I'd recommend lessons first to see if you like it and learn the basics(as with surfing it can be bit frustrating at first!!) www.dmgsailsports.com They are the crowd that teach in the eustury in Malahide. From what I've heard they are v.good but I've had no dealing with them.

Good craic once you get going, and nice to get on the water :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I've been meaning to get a lesson at Rusheen Bay in Galway, has anyone used this place before? www.rusheenbay.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I used to live in malahide a couple of years ago and during summers i often used to see loads of windsurfers in the estuary. It did look pretty cool but i never got around to learning it (especially back then when i was living just a 3min bike ride away from the estuary!).

Now i've moved as from from the sea as i can get in Lucan so its gonna be quite a ride for me to get to the place... but hey, so much for a good time on the water!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rudden

I took lessons with SurfDock in Dublin city centre! last september. I found them to be very good. There was 5 of us in the class and all the equipment was supplied apart from towel and togs. Call into the shop. They seem to put the classes on when they get the numbers. Alan in the shop is brill for advice too. No, I don't work for them :)

website is: www.surfdock.ie

Advertisement