Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Psychology

• 30-03-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Can anybody help me?ie.advise me who to contact or where to go. I live near cork my sports performance is dropping drastically, seriously need help, keep on making up stupid excuses for myself and eating unhealthily. Have no leadership qualities :confused:etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Aidan Moran in UCD might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

Im glad you brought this topic up, its only in the last wile that i have decided to do something aboutths myself. Im 22 and play Gaelic fooball mostly, to say that iv peaked in my teenage years would be an understatement. I captained my county from u14 to minor, represented ulster at u.17 railway cupandwent on to make the compomise rules in 2003. Thats when it started to go downhill, I went away to Uni, and did all that goes with it. Im studing P.E and Business studies. Im in my final year and am doing my dissertation on confidence in gaa players. What im trying to get at is that in september we covered hypnotism as a way of gaining confidence and reducing anxiety. Be all and end all is that we had a hypnotist come in and hypnotise us. I asked for a one on one session to help me more, and i must say that their has being a bing change in my focus and motivation since through better preparation and thought. Im not saying that its for everyone and it could quite possibly be a placebo effect where i think its doing something to me because i was told it will. But at least its an option. Also read Weingberg and Gould for helping self confidence and motivation. Preparation and focus is everything.

Advertisement