Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marry Me

Options
  • 30-03-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Is anyone watching that programme Marry Me on RTE 1. Isnt that guy such an angel. She is a lucky girl :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm still crying!!

That was the sweetest thing ever. She was lovely too though. Perfect match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

It WAS lovely - so romantic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Very moving!

They're so happy, it's lovely. And all after 8months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Didn't see it. What was it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Im prob being too cynical about this, but am I the only one who thinks its a bit quick to be getting engaged after 8 months?

• Advertisement

SheRa wrote: »
    Im prob being too cynical about this, but am I the only one who thinks its a bit quick to be getting engaged after 8 months?

I don't know....when you know you know I suppose, they obviously don't need to wait any longer. Ah love.... :)

I just think that at a 'certain age' you know when you know. I certainly know what i DONT want and wouldnt put up with.

Enii wrote: »
    Didn't see it. What was it about?

It followed one couple who got engaged. They had met online 8 months before and the fiance, who was in a wheelchair wheeled himself all the way up Powersourt to propose to her... It was all a surprise for her and they seemed like SUCH a happy couple. It was so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I remember seeing the add for that.

From a blokes perspective fair ba!!'s to that guy, his arms must have been killing him after wheeling all the way up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Television maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Invincible

I wonder was he in a wheelchair as a result of an accident,they did'nt say what happened to him ?

The parental units got engaged after two weeks, decades later they are stomach churning loved up.
    I don't think it is quick.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Invincible wrote: »
    I wonder was he in a wheelchair as a result of an accident,they did'nt say what happened to him ?

he was in a motorbike accident, i know him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moonbaby wrote: »
    The parental units got engaged after two weeks, decades later they are stomach churning loved up.
    I don't think it is quick.

Like that I have a friend that got engaged after 3 months ( or 6 months or something) and married at a year, that was ten years ago and they're still stomach churningly loved up.

Apparently its not a time thing, its a 'when you know, you know' thing. However its always accompanied by a smug expression so.... I don't know. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I just think that at a 'certain age' you know when you know.
    I don't buy into that at all. If you marry someone within a year of meeting then you don't know that person. IMO of course. You're still in that loved up phase and probably on your best behaviour. Give it a year or two more and see if you're still soulmates when the mundanity of real life kicks in.

The marriage may work but IMO the chances are slimmer than those who wait a couple of years. I know a few couples who were all loved up and swore they were soulmates and couldn't wait. They are separated/getting divorced now.

The marriage may work but IMO the chances are slimmer than those who wait a couple of years.

I don't think it has as much to do with knowing each other, as it does with each individuals desire to grow together with the other, in life and in marraige.
    Lust can last ~pukes~, but the ability to be friends is what really carries long marraiges.
    You never know someone else entirely, everyone will bring their own bad to a relationship.
    Some people will be more inclined to work through it than others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishbird wrote: »

Good old Muzzy,a really nice bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I watched it last night and thought they made such a lovely couple. Her face when she saw him in the hut was so lovely. I really hope it works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya i seen bits of one or two shows. have not seen a full one yet. am dying to but im afraid it will put more idea's in my head on how i would like my fella to propose to me if it ever goes that way for us. it's bad enough i have pretty much the whole day planned but i think if i had an idea of how my proposal would go it would ruin it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I missed it .. but heard Ray Darcy this morning going on about how it made him cry this morning on radio!
    I couldnt know how my fella was going to propose if he was it would ruin it also! Id like it planned and very romantic, think my guy would come up trumps in that area though! I cant wait ... (it will probably be about four years but still i cant wait :D )

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't think it has as much to do with knowing each other, as it does with each individuals desire to grow together with the other, in life and in marraige.
    Lust can last ~pukes~, but the ability to be friends is what really carries long marraiges.
    You never know someone else entirely, everyone will bring their own bad to a relationship.
    Some people will be more inclined to work through it than others.

+ 1

irishbird wrote: »

Have they gotten married since?? I want to hear the happy ending :)

Well stone the crows I think I have had a romantic feeling... I love that programme Marry Me which was on tv tonight... Even though it was not every romantic when he had a purple lycra suit on :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

As much as I am a romantic, I find the show incredibly cheesy. If my guy were to propose to me on tv I think I'd strangle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Nightwish wrote: »
    As much as I am a romantic, I find the show incredibly cheesy. If my guy were to propose to me on tv I think I'd strangle him.

+1

I'd love to see a follow up on that couple last night, I doubt they went through with it. It would be extremely difficult to say no like that, sure she was too shocked to make a decision. Plus she said no twice, and didnt even put the ring on for ages after he proposed!

Nightwish wrote: »
    If my guy were to propose to me on tv I think I'd strangle him.

+ 150

Cathooo wrote: »
    +1

I'd love to see a follow up on that couple last night, I doubt they went through with it. It would be extremely difficult to say no like that, sure she was too shocked to make a decision. Plus she said no twice, and didnt even put the ring on for ages after he proposed!

I really didn't like that girl on Sunday night! Bless him, he must love her to dress up like that :D

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I really didn't like that girl on Sunday night! Bless him, he must love her to dress up like that :D

I didnt like either of them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My parents got married within 6 months of their first date. The fact that I wasn't born for another 13 months disappointed so many people. They're married 25 years this year. I don't think you can judge a couple you're not part of. Sure, you can not understand the motivation behind what they do, but its not up to anyone other than the people in the relationship to judge what to do. I'd probably have been very dubious about the potential for a couple who hadn't been together that long to stay together if I hadn't lived with them for the past 20-odd years. Sometimes I think my parents have ruined relationships for me because they're such a considerate couple, so *shrugs* I don't know.

• Advertisement

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I didnt like either of them :o

Yeah me neither but I don't think anyone will match up to last week's couple :)

Advertisement