Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marry Me

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

I didnt see the prog but was wondering ....

When asking someone to marry you do you have to have an engagement ring there and then?

If so - then the ring may be the wrong size?
    But if you go shopping for one there is no surprise.

What to do? Whats the norm?

hedgeh0g wrote: »
    I didnt see the prog but was wondering ....

When asking someone to marry you do you have to have an engagement ring there and then?

If so - then the ring may be the wrong size?
    But if you go shopping for one there is no surprise.

What to do? Whats the norm?

Everyone feels differently about this.

Some women would prefer to pick the ring themselves, others prefer the romance of a surprise, others don't care either way. It is best to suss out wat kind of woman you have on your hands.

If you go it alone ask about resizing the ring, I think it can be difficult on some platnuim rings. Or you could steal the measuremet off one of her own rings.

Anecdotally from my friends, most people are buying the ring as a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yeah I'd say it would depend on the girl. I for one would prefer if he chose it and had it when he proposed. I'm not fussy about things like that anyway and I'm sure he'd pick a nice one.

If not he better have a receipt! :D

I'm too fussy about things like that, and I think the inability to decide on one thing would spark a nervous breakdown in my case. :pac:

Aww I don't know, I think I'd always look at it fondly because he picked it. Provided it wasn't hideous I think I'd be happy with whatever he chose....then again I'm not as fussy as most girls would be about that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Aww I don't know, I think I'd always look at it fondly because he picked it. Provided it wasn't hideous I think I'd be happy with whatever he chose

I agree.....I think you misunderstood me....I'd much prefer that any future proposer would do the buying for everyones sanity. :)

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I agree.....I think you misunderstood me....I'd much prefer that any future proposer would do the buying for everyones sanity. :)

Ah I get ya now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i like the idea of having it with him when he proposes (whoever he may be). and when he does.i hope he has a gift receipt too just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PeoplesMod

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Is anyone watching that programme Marry Me on RTE 1. Isnt that guy such an angel. She is a lucky girl :)

I think it is all put on and is not a true reflection of reality.

PeoplesMod wrote: »
    I think it is all put on and is not a true reflection of reality.

Boooooo!

• Advertisement

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Boooooo!

Well all we have to do is look at how it happened to us.It was not very romantic for most of us. We should say it as it was and stop trying to kid ourselves. Most men are selfish and just want one thing all of the time. I have not met a genuine man yet who is truly romantic. Not even the Italians live up to their name.I think they make very good chips though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Well all we have to do is look at how it happened to us.It was not very romantic for most of us. We should say it as it was and stop trying to kid ourselves. Most men are selfish and just want one thing all of the time. I have not met a genuine man yet who is truly romantic. Not even the Italians live up to their name.I think they make very good chips though.

Thats a bit unfair, mind you I had never heard of Italien men being particularly romantic sterotype (sleazy* yes but not romantic)

Guys are people too some are selfish and not genuine some are caring and very genuine.

*i know its a sterotype not suggesting its true or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Perhaps they just have trouble getting through your apparent frosty nature?

Personally i am a pretty romantic guy but even i have been beaten down by the attitudes of women who consistantly want to see you **** up.

And Italian men are not "romantic" as a stereotype that i can remember. Tanned and short, with overly neat hair and a very high opinion of themselves normally.

Maybe they have put too much faith in the stereotype.....like ladies in Paris who for some reason expected me to fall at their feet simply because they talked to me.

Stereotypes rock.

Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars.

Personally I think that most men are just full of themselves. I prefer a man that says what he really feels and tells you straight out what he thinks of you. It may be not what you want to hear but it is what he sees in you. If I had my time over again I would insist on a living in trial period of at least 6 months to make sure that he is not a lazy slobby beer smelling cunning liar.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the engagement ring i want costs €22,500.00 and if i dont get the exact ring i will be very disappointed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

I prefer a man that says what he really feels and tells you straight out what he thinks of you.
    if everyone did that to everyone society would disintegrate into chaos

irishbird wrote: »
    the engagement ring i want costs €22,500.00 and if i dont get the exact ring i will be very disappointed ;)

If I could I would PM you the tissues now.

if everyone did that to everyone society would disintegrate into chaos

Maybe by not doing that it is why we are in the chaos situation that we are already in Eamonn.

Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars.

Personally I think that most men are just full of themselves. I prefer a man that says what he really feels and tells you straight out what he thinks of you. It may be not what you want to hear but it is what he sees in you. If I had my time over again I would insist on a living in trial period of at least 6 months to make sure that he is not a lazy slobby beer smelling cunning liar.

LoL, ealier on i would have said i would happily place a bet that you got burned by someone along the way.

No offence, but if you allow the actions of one man ( or even a high proportion of the men you have met ) to colour your view of ALL men then your pretty much responsible for your own negativity.

Thats just me saying what i really feel.
    irishbird wrote: »

Poor bastard. :)

Dragan wrote: »
    LoL, ealier on i would have said i would happily place a bet that you got burned by someone along the way.

No offence, but if you allow the actions of one man ( or even a high proportion of the men you have met ) to colour your view of ALL men then your pretty much responsible for your own negativity.

Thats just me saying what i really feel.

Poor bastard. :)

All men are the same if you ask me. It is in their Genes or maybe I should say it is in their Jeans:rolleyes: They continually look at other women’s bottoms and then when we press our bottom into them in the bed they turn away and to really put the tin hat on it they then make a grunt. Pigs they are I say and they all wallow in their own stupidity and ignorance. It does not matter what Man you pick as they are all the same. Once he gets you into the kitchen and the babies start to arrive he becomes a changed Man and seems to lose all interest in the nice things he used to do. This shows that they are nothing but selfish Pigs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

All men are the same if you ask me. It is in their Genes or maybe I should say it is in their Jeans They continually look at other women’s bottoms and then when we press our bottom into them in the bed they turn away and to really put the tin hat on it they then make a grunt. Pigs they are I say and they all wallow in their own stupidity and ignorance. It does not matter what Man you pick as they are all the same. Once he gets you into the kitchen and the babies start to arrive he becomes a changed Man and seems to lose all interest in the nice things he used to do. This shows that they are nothing but selfish Pigs

ffs if all men were 'nice guys' no women would ever go for them. There's a lot of truth in 'play it mean keep em keen'!!!!
    (Women want the cold hearted hunter bastard first that will protect their sprogs, nice guy with chocolates second)

ffs if all men were 'nice guys' no women would ever go for them. There's a lot of truth in 'play it mean keep em keen'!!!!
    (Women want the cold hearted hunter bastard first that will protect their sprogs, nice guy with chocolates second)

Are you a woman?

All men are the same if you ask me. It is in their Genes or maybe I should say it is in their Jeans:rolleyes: They continually look at other women’s bottoms and then when we press our bottom into them in the bed they turn away and to really put the tin hat on it they then make a grunt. Pigs they are I say and they all wallow in their own stupidity and ignorance. It does not matter what Man you pick as they are all the same. Once he gets you into the kitchen and the babies start to arrive he becomes a changed Man and seems to lose all interest in the nice things he used to do. This shows that they are nothing but selfish Pigs.

Ah now i get it.

Your a troll.

Makes sense. You should search for posts by Metrovelvet. You'll like her work i think.

Ah now i get it.

Your a troll.

Makes sense. You should search for posts by Metrovelvet. You'll like her work i think.

What's a troll?

What's a troll?

It is somebody who posts completely off the wall points and opinions just to get a reaction. Someone who will purposefully pick a touchy subject of an arseways view point just to get to people.

It's a great source of amusement for the less intelligent on the internet because they can hide behide their username.

Please don't be insulted that I think you may be a troll....because as bad as being a troll may be at least i am giving you enough credit to assume you don't actually believe that casually insulting half the worlds population, including the loving Fathers, brothers, sons,friends,boyfriends and lovers of all the Ladies and gents who post here is a very nice thing to do.

That would mean you were something else entirely.

To be honest if i heard you express this opinion in public i would take issue with it also. Because you are effectively talking out of your bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

PeoplesMod please stop dragging the thread off topic. If you wish to start another thread about your issues then go ahead.

It is somebody who posts completely off the wall points and opinions just to get a reaction. Someone who will purposefully pick a touchy subject of an arseways view point just to get to people.

It's a great source of amusement for the less intelligent on the internet because they can hide behide their username.

Please don't be insulted that I think you may be a troll....because as bad as being a troll may be at least i am giving you enough credit to assume you don't actually believe that casually insulting half the worlds population, including the loving Fathers, brothers, sons,friends,boyfriends and lovers of all the Ladies and gents who post here is a very nice thing to do.

That would mean you were something else entirely.

To be honest if i heard you express this opinion in public i would take issue with it also. Because you are effectively talking out of your bum.

Oh. So my opinion can not be made public because it does not meet with the majority opinion. If I think that men are Pigs then that is what I think. I have reasons for coming to this conclusion and have mentioned some of them. I am sorry if this is not to the liking of most people but I am entitled to my opinion am I not?

WindSock wrote: »
    PeoplesMod please stop dragging the thread off topic. If you wish to start another thread about your issues then go ahead.

I am only replying to posts addressed at me and can't see how I am dragging the thread off topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They are replying to you for this ^^^

If you wish to discuss matters further PM me as I will not have any more off topic discussion on this thread.

• Advertisement

WindSock wrote: »
    They are replying to you for this ^^^

If you wish to discuss matters further PM me as I will not have any more off topic discussion on this thread.

If you are asking me to stop posting here then I will do that but it does not change anything at all. We all know what men are really like it is just we are afraid to admit it as it makes us look stupid.

Advertisement