Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marry Me

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

PeoplesMod banned for trolling and ignoring my request to not go off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Interesting - mate of mine in school (She's 18) and her bf?/OH? (16) are engaged, just happened recently. They're not planning to actually get married for a few years atleast :D

But just goes to show, I guess you just "know" when it's right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Re: him having the ring for the proposal

I would much prefer if he had a plastic ring from a kinder surprise for the proposal, and then we can go look at rings later. I wouldn't like sparklies for a ring anyway, i think i'd like a plain band, or maybe with a colour-edy stone set flush into the band. So, i wouldn't be a fan of the traditional type engagement rings that shops are full of.

Also, the idea of the two of us designing a ring together, going to get it made somewhere together and paying for it together seems right to me. Or, maybe i would get him some cufflinks designed to match the ring... *daydreams*

Yeah, i think i'd defo like that. I'd keep the plastic proposal ring tucked away safely somewhere, and show it to the children and tell them all about the day that their Dad proposed. :)

And, buying the ring in advance always seemed to me to be perhaps a little over-confident, if she says 'no' then will the shop take it back? There'd also be the sadness of having to go back to the same shop that one so confidently chose the ring in to return it.

(note: 'him'/'he'/'their dad' all refer some future man in my life.....hence my starry eyed indulgence of romantic notions - i don't have to take imaginary man's feelings into account!)

ali.c wrote: »
    had never heard of Italien men being particularly romantic sterotype (sleazy* yes but not romantic)

Italian men are extremely romantic....and most are extremely sleazy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Ok, where to ask? Any ideas?

Somewhere in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

I love that program, its so romantic, my hubby doesnt be bothered with it though and just goes on the computer or watch his ipod when I watch it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

MLE wrote: »
    I love that program, its so romantic, my hubby doesnt be bothered with it though and just goes on the computer or watch his ipod when I watch it. :(

Thats cos he has already gone through it all :D

oh its on tonight. Cant wait to see who is on it. Hope its super romantic :) Week 1 will still take some beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Right i'm going to watch this programme tonight.

I'll tell ya what I think after it.

Oh hello, its only on 5 minutes and its trash already..

• Advertisement

Ha, ya just want to see men doing all the work.

Seriously though, if somebody proposed to me in the middle of a parade, I wouldnt be to happy. It'd have to be more private.

Forky wrote: »
    Ha, ya just want to see men doing all the work.

Abso-bloody-lutely :D:D

:rolleyes:

I watched to see what all the fuss was about.
    I thought they were a lovely couple. The girl doing the proposing is a little bit misguided imo but she had such a lovely idea. It was worth doing.
    She should have got more involved in the roleplay though, her part was a bit lame.

Didn't get to see the end.

Mad idea, definitely not for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

I thought this thread was going to be about op looking for a husband. What an anti climax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Meath999

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I'm still crying!!

That was the sweetest thing ever. She was lovely too though. Perfect match.

Remember girls, its only a fiction and fantasy ............ thats all its about, innit ??? Always keep in mind that in real life its v hard to get such perfect scenarios, so pls be happy with what you have and Thank THE LORD !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Which lord? Henry Mountcharles?

I haven't watched it yet, I'm never at home, but I like the idea. Everyone needs a little bit of squishy romance in their lives, even if it belongs to someone else. I don't actually understand negative man-hating sentiments and bitterness. Seems a little bit silly to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

Meath999 wrote: »
    Remember girls, its only a fiction and fantasy ............ thats all its about, innit ??? Always keep in mind that in real life its v hard to get such perfect scenarios, so pls be happy with what you have and Thank THE LORD !!!

Eh Marry Me is real life??? These are real people? And that couple they were talking about, the guy was in a wheelchair so if that's not real life and imperfect I don't know what is because the road ahead isn't going to be easy for either of them.

Its that time of the week again.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

aww id never watched it before but i nearly cried! so so sweet...

It was lovely! What a sweet couple.

I want a) that dress and b) to look that good in it.

They were fabulous... Nice ring too :) The bride will be stunning.

Ah they were a lovely couple....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

That's the first time I watched it last night - was hopping between that & so you think you can dance final (amazing dancers - Danny - swoon!)

Ah he was a lovely little guy wasn't he? It was so funny him jumping out of the airplane - poor fella had so much to deal with he dropped the ring :o

Did anyone see it this week? I missed the vital part.
    What was the ring like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

The ring was gorgeous. he picked it out by himself, so pamela only saw it when they went to collect it. I can't remember what he called the design of it, but it went the opposite way than the rest of that design went. Ahh sorry I prob confused you. But yes it was a beautiful ring

Dammit! Now I'm totally confused and really want to know.
    That shop had lovely jwellery.

It was a really lovely proposal. He is a bit of a legend in all fairness.

He was a dote... It was a marquis diamond which looks kinda like a tear drop.. It was set sideways - horizontally instead of vertically.... It was lovely.

• Advertisement

Lovely.....thanks Sarah

Advertisement