Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Cooling Fan Replacement Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Have you turned on thermal throttling in system settings?? Turns the fan down to 2%, much much quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

ongarite wrote: »
    Have you turned on thermal throttling in system settings?? Turns the fan down to 2%, much much quieter.
    Sweet! Have it set for 10%, did the job nicely. Many thanks.
    Is there any recommended running temperature for the XBox?

I think it'll shut off at 75 celsius. You can set target temp to 55 and fan will lower to 2%. Never gets near that using XBMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Excellent. I've no real intention to use it for gaming, so that'll do nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

problem is with me, theres no gpu fan control

• Advertisement

If you use XBMC exclusively on your XBOX, never play games, you can get away without the GPU fan.
    Must be an old XBOX to have GPU fan, weeder.

1.0, the other i picked up was a 1.6b which kinda annoyed me(if you remember selling my a badly painted xbox for that reason alone)
    i might once more test faith with an executer lpc rebuild and a duox2

true true, it was THE worst paint job i have ever seen on a console.

quite indeed

over on the scene there was a guy who stuck a ram heatsink onto his 1.0 gpu for cooling, i might try similar with a heatsink lying around and monitor the temps for a couple hours on each

• Advertisement
Advertisement