Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable housing initiative - any experience?

Options
  • 30-03-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hey all....i've applied for affordable housing initiative and i'll be viewing some porperties soon, have no idea whats going on, county council/estate agent/affordable housing partnership change their story every day... one day theres 7 apartments, then 5, now 2. they also change the way the system works, first they told me it was first come first served, whoever puts 3k deposit down first gets the property, then they told me their was a list system, then they emailed me to say sorry all apartments have been allocated and they'd let me know when new developments came up and then few days ago i got a call from estate agent letting me know when i can view and its first come first served, then its back to the list system!!! so long story short, i'm viewing soon, theres a few people before me in list, it will be offered to number 1, then 2 etc..so prob pretty slim chance i get one. to top it off, i went to view the show houses today and the apartment i want is 325k but the council have it valued at 385k..put this to the council who said theyd revelue the property..anyone any similar experiences?

Advertisement