Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to start?

• 30-03-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

That may seem like a stupid question, but Having watched the pilot episode, the show seemed like a rehash of loads of other shows.

So, does it get uch better during Season 1 or is there a particular season that the show gets better in.

Or, does the show actually suck and you guys are all here because you have crap taste?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Assuming you're serious about watching - season one. Do NOT skip seasons - there's one long continuous storyline running throughout the whole show.

It's also far from a rehash of other shows but it requires a bit of patience before you might get into it. There were plenty of others (have a look at the threads here) who wondered what the fuss was from the pilot. It was only by the fourth or fifth episode that they became fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

I assume the pilot is season one, episode one right?
    Or have I missed one?

Currently in withdrawal after finishing season 4.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I assume the pilot is season one, episode one right?
    Or have I missed one?

I think thats genearally how it works isnt it?

Normally, but there are certainly exceptions.
    Twin Peaks, off the top of my head.

Normally, but there are certainly exceptions.
    Twin Peaks, off the top of my head.
    What? The pilot episode of "Twin Peaks" IS where you start. It's the first episode. I watched it about a month ago. Don't confuse it with the movie "Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me" which is not the pilot episode.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    What? The pilot episode of "Twin Peaks" IS where you start. It's the first episode. I watched it about a month ago. Don't confuse it with the movie "Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me" which is not the pilot episode.

The 2 hour pilot wasn't included in the first season box set.
    The one I saw anyway.

The 2 hour pilot wasn't included in the first season box set.
    The one I saw anyway.
    It wasn't included in the original US release but chronlogically it's still the first episode and it's what you should watch first if you're getting into the show. So I still see it as a pilot episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Or, does the show actually suck and you guys are all here because you have crap taste?
    Possibly :)

ixoy wrote: »
    It wasn't included in the original US release but chronlogically it's still the first episode and it's what you should watch first if you're getting into the show. So I still see it as a pilot episode.

Fair enough, I was just hoping there might be a separate stand alone pilot out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Thanks guys, I'll go ahead and watch the first 5 eps of season one and then make a judgement on whether or not I enjoy the series.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I'll go ahead and watch the first 5 eps of season one and then make a judgement on whether or not I enjoy the series.
    To be honest you need to see the first season to judge it, but I guess after 5 you will have an idea if you like it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What it to the end. The Wire isnt like anything else you've watched. You probably have an idea how it ends but trust me what happens is going to be so different then the usual Hollywood crap you would expect.

Give it a fair go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

If only to see Bunk freak out and burn his clothes because of "trace evidence"

I think watch the first 8 at the very least and if you're gona watch that many you might as well watch them all! That Bunk scene is classic but I still think the **** Scene is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Well on ep 10, absolute class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Resistance is futile

Well on ep 10, absolute class
    Good stuff.

Advertisement