Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

atv/quads/off-roading

Options
  • 30-03-2008 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Whats the chances of starting a forum for atv's and off-roading in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

perhaps somewhat low considering you're the first person I've ever heard talk about it on Motors!

:pac:

I suppose if there's enough support, the almighty admins may deem it worthy.

Admins be praised!!!!

In any case, this thread should probably be moved to Sys/Forums

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

wexgun wrote: »
    Whats the chances of starting a forum for atv's and off-roading in general?
    Theres a motorbike forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

not the first time its being mentioned

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055261755

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

landydef wrote: »

Then the question has already been answered. And quite recently, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wexgun

I'm not talking about SUV's and the like. I mean real off-roading not doing the school run by the yummy mummys. Trail-riding, getting mucked up to the eyeballs, getting stuck in mucky ditches, riding through rivers and streams. Any one else out there whos into this? I dont think the motorbike forum is the place for it by the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i for one would support that
    have me 33/12.5/r15 bf goodrich muds arriving on tuesday so nice timing
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I'm not talking about SUV's and the like. I mean real off-roading not doing the school run by the yummy mummys. Trail-riding, getting mucked up to the eyeballs, getting stuck in mucky ditches, riding through rivers and streams. Any one else out there whos into this? I dont think the motorbike forum is the place for it by the way

Have you read the haynes book "Build a buggy for 100 quid or whatever"

I'm going doin' that this summer. I also know a few lads who are into dirtbikes.

It would be great if there were clubs as I'm not sure where I'm going to use the buggy yet but I defo will find a place.

Now the only thing I need to do is find out where I can get plans for putting suspension onto that design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I requested this a while ago in the forums forum in sys and was told that this was the relevent thread, i disagree and am in support for an offroad forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭budweiserfrogie

I requested this a while ago in the forums forum in sys and was told that this was the relevent thread, i disagree and am in support for an offroad forum.

Me too. It's how i spend every Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

We have a mustard and a prison forum but cant get an offroad forum:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

+1 from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Also + 1 from me.

...and if you want to actually do something to make it happen, make your support known here-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055262652

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wexgun

Ok then. There are some of us out there. What do we do now? How about I get the ball rolling. I have a Honda 350FM 4WD. Goes anywhere. never got it stuck yet. I take it hunting and walking the dogs. I can pull the dog trailer no probs. No winch on it yet but will soon. Also gona fit a lamp on it for lamping rabbits. I actually dont have any pics but if we can get a forum going lets do a photo thread as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ok then. There are some of us out there. What do we do now? How about I get the ball rolling. I have a Honda 350FM 4WD. Goes anywhere. never got it stuck yet. I take it hunting and walking the dogs. I can pull the dog trailer no probs. No winch on it yet but will soon. Also gona fit a lamp on it for lamping rabbits. I actually dont have any pics but if we can get a forum going lets do a photo thread as well.

Patience, grasshopper :D

Correct procedure is to quietly gather support on the forums forum and hope that the admins (in their wisdom) agree and actually create the forum.

No guarantees and no time frame either

Advertisement