Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Euro 2008

• 30-03-2008 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Played this demo, and have to say. Extremely impressed. The introduction of the adverse weather, the way the players move with the ball, the better passing model where you're able to gauge the speed and distance. Players make cleverer runs..

Very impressed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Played the full game all day yesterday, trying to get Ireland up the rankings!! : )

Excellent game, much quicker than FIFA, the player animations are a little strange, the way Thierry Henry runs is a little comical looking, but there's no doubt the control system is infinitely better than FIFA 08. Being able to judge the speed and distance of ANY pass (ground or air) is just brilliant.

Some nice little touches like
    * The goal celebrations, I've already figured out how to do a cartwheel with the San Marino forward, no doubt he put his back out, being a full time painter or something.
    * The weather conditions, very apt for Austria, and Croker in the qualifiers! Also, the pitch shows up with puddles after heavy run, and if you try and ground pass through it, the ball gets stuck!! Class!!
    * The different modes, Captain Your Country is the best to be honest. Playing up front with Robbie Keane, and outshining him every game. (Which is easy to do in real life anyway).

Really good game. Im going back to it now, see you later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 drgonzo20

I got this after playing the demo and being very impressed with it. Plenty of modes to keep you busy. Captain your country the most entertaining.
    This is the first time ive bought a fifa game since RTWC 98, having always thought PES to be better. After playing PES 08 on ps3 I said enough was enough.
    However I'm having serious problems playing this online. I really must be the worst fifa player ever. I have now played about 12 or 13 matches online I have won none.... even getting thrashed 10-1 by England when I was playing as Spain. Its really starting to bug me because I was fairly ok at Pes. So if anyone could give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated. I feel the art of defending is completley lost on me in this game. No matter who I play as my defence seems to go missing. My best result was actually a 4-2 defeat by Portugal playing as Armenia.LOL. So if anyone can help me please do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

can we get a few more reviews up please - im very hard to please when it comes to these games...PES4 the most notable exception

Not a big fifa fan - had fifa 08 and only liked it because of the building squad thingy from first division..

would appreciate some more genuine reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Playing it all day today and yesterday since I got it.

but you prob did the same with fifa 08 -- I play a lot of games for a few days but do you reckon this is really worth forking out for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Why don't you rent it first and find out for yourself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Class game! traded in PES 2008 after trying this out, it's my first FIFA game for years as well. I tried the demo for FIFA 08 and wasn't too impressed but this is streets ahead! Everything about it is quality, the graphics, gameplay, options. I'm a FIFA hater no more!

So I rented euro 2008 and while impressed i found out after few days how limited the gameplay options were online aswell as single player.

saw a review for fifa 08, so many club teams and looks same gameplay as euro 2008 - but is it??

Any advice cause i was going to buy a footie game and euro 2008 is too limited it seems - i has pes 08 AND fifa 08 on playstation 2 are they much better on xbox 360??

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Euro 2008 is a big step up on the already impressive fifa 08 in terms of gameplay i feel.
    So yes the gameplay is different as in a lot better but also similar in many ways.

The number of teams or lack of doesnt bother me at all.
    I just want good gameply and euro 08 has this in abundance.

Put it this way - i have the full Fifa 08 game for 360 but i play the Euro 08 demo only now when i want a kick about.
    Granted i dont play much on consoles these days but when i do its usually for some footie and in my opinion euro 08 is the best available even in demo form :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Very good game, but it's just a rental due to the lack of options. This game as FIFA 09 will be a definite purchase for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Fifa 08 has 5v5 online , winner for me , although i did like Euro 2008 , i wouldn't buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Loving the game. Euro Online Knockout Cup has me hooked.

Ive won the online cup playing as: Montenegro, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Rep. Ireland, Croatia and now im in the semis as France. My record is 24 wins 3 losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

There's one pain in the arse with the online in this game. If you quit before 15 minutes of the game has been played, the result doesn't count.

Was beating the player ranked number 10 in the rankings, I went 2nil up and he just quit.

Good game otherwise.

Can 2 people play on the same team online like in fifa 08?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

has the price gone down yet? still 60?

Wheres the cheapest place to get this in Dublin?

The online can be so annoying in this game! I was beating a guy 3-1 in a ranked match and he quit after 87 mins and i wasnt given a win.

The online can be so annoying in this game! I was beating a guy 3-1 in a ranked match and he quit after 87 mins and i wasnt given a win.

Thats odd! if more than fifteen minutes have been played, a win should be awarded. It's happened to me a few times and i got a 3 - 0 awarded
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Check again mate. Usually it takes a few minutes to register the win after a quit.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

SantryRed wrote: »
    Check again mate. Usually it takes a few minutes to register the win after a quit.

Normally, unless the scumbad did the Disconnection Trick which is the height of ******ry.

I played 11 knockout cup games in a row with Croatia and i was quit on every time, that meant i won 2 cups without completing a game. Its a bit of a joke but ive got enough honest players on my friends list to enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Im trying to get the Social Behaviour achievement (only 5 to go after that!), so anyone interested in a little mini-league?

Im trying to get the Social Behaviour achievement (only 5 to go after that!), so anyone interested in a little mini-league?

I'll play! gamertag in sig

How does everyone's online record look at the moment?

I am 25 wins 3 losses. Every ranked game has been Euro Online Knockout Cup which i won with Montenegro, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Croatia and France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

I am pants online!!! though some of my losses are when I was Moldova or someone like that and the others where Italy or Spain... :(

But thats footie,

Scored a cracker of a free-kick which didnt upload right either :(

Advertisement