Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Valu Kingscourt

Options
  • 30-03-2008 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Is Super Valu planning to upgrade the supermarket any time soon? The traders in the town foolishly objected to Tesco's opening a store in the town, and we dont have a proper supermarket. :confused::confused::confused:Super Valu is completely run down looking from the outside and is actually an eye sore at the moment. There are numerous people leaving the town to shop elsewhere and spending there money in other towns... Tesco's would have increased the overall trading in the town. I went to super valu in carrickmacross yesterday to buy croutons... there only available in kingscourt every so often!!! I ended up spending E43 on other yummy goodies that I wouldnt have been able to get in kingscourt. I went into the chemist and spent another E28, I left another E9 in the fiddlers for my lunch and put E63 petrol in my car. ALL of this I could have done in kingscourt but didnt because I didnt want to waste time going into super valu in kingscourt for my croutons only to be left extremely frustrated when they wouldnt them.

Sorry just needed to vent my frustration somewhere and here is a good place.
    Congratulations to Bailieborough I hear Tesco's is going there it will be a great boost to the town and bring loads of business to all the other shops. Im sure there will be lots of people from Kingscourt going there to do their shopping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 finni S

you would be better off putting 63 euro of petrol in your car and heading off to asda in enniskillen, you would get two weeks shopping for the price of one, croutons and chemist included ,truly you should try it sometime you wont believe your eyes at the price difference and you can pay in euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

Adnerb wrote: »
    Is Super Valu planning to upgrade the supermarket any time soon? The traders in the town foolishly objected to Tesco's opening a store in the town

You can't really blame them for that, a Tescos coming in would kill their business. It's the 'ol Walmart effect.

But from what I've heard a bigger supermarket is needed in the town. At least some of the road has been fixed! :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

finni S wrote: »
    you would be better off putting 63 euro of petrol in your car and heading off to asda in enniskillen, you would get two weeks shopping for the price of one, croutons and chemist included ,truly you should try it sometime you wont believe your eyes at the price difference and you can pay in euros.
    Newry is probably closer.

Advertisement