Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Fit in Carlow...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

if memory serves me right... Claire should be in ireland by now and is seeing the sights before coming down to carlow, I may be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clairesheara

I am just about there, and am off to Scotland for a few days first. Then over to Ireland on the 18th but they have me busy meeting people and getting bank accounts.

I will start looking into it again, we just need a training personal trainer who is keen to run the group. Then alls good. It shouldn't be too hard to find. I certainly need to start after 5 weeks (what feels like drinking my way) around Eastern Europe!

there's a fitness forum here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=252

you could look for a personal trainer in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 penny37

hey all - if ya looking for a boot camp check out tia bo in the hall in askea boys school on a mon and wed night- i was at it last night and my god am i dying today---- pain pain pain :eek: but if ye get this boot camp up and running let me know - am seriously bad for walking and stuff but if im shouted and yelled at i'll prob run.. all for the sake of a chocie bickie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

mcaul wrote: »
    Have tried the gym route - 6 weeks and stopped. Wife tried the curves route 3 weeks and stopped. More boredom than laziness.

2 weeks ago got the wii fit. Competition between herself & myself is fierce especially on the boxing module. Shes lost 4lb, I've lost 5 (I've more to lose)

Its been used everynight but one since it was bought and has replaced the crap telvision that we used to watch from 8 - 10. Its seriously great fun and gets muscles you never knew you had working! Charts you on a daily basis and huge range of activities to choose from.

Will give 2 week updates here if anyone wishes!

The Wii Fit is a legend...its so much fun and you don't even notice that you're exercising.
    We only have it since friday and already im noticing the difference! :D

• Advertisement

I'm tired Nead :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ains101

Hi clairesheara

Did you start the bootcamp after in carlow? i'm looking to get fit, lose some weight and tone up but could do with help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

seven oaks gym is deadly!! worth the money!!! as far as i know there is things included in your membership such as swimming lessons and classes like pilates!! these are not included in the membership for the talbot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I might know someone that would be interested in doing this. (Personal Trainer) I'll send him a link to this Thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Try the Eire Og gym. Looks great load sof good equipment an dthey do spinning classes. You dont have to be a member either. You can pay as you go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 carlowed

anyone have a membership card they are not using now? i would pay for the admin fee thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maturestudent20

hey, i just found this thread while i was googling bootcamp fitness in carlow, didnt find anythin so if anyone knows of one please fill me in! i like the look of fitsquad in dublin, it looks more fun than bootcamp ie more variety etc and there seems to be a good social element, i emailed them and asked if they plan on expanding outside dublin eg carlow and i got a reply saying yes they are hoping to expand to the major towns and cities, i was thinking if there's anyone on this thread who would like to see fitsquad come to carlow maybe they could email fitsquad too to show their interest? the details are on fitsquad.ie - just an idea

linny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

hey, i just found this thread while i was googling bootcamp fitness in carlow, didnt find anythin so if anyone knows of one please fill me in! i like the look of fitsquad in dublin, it looks more fun than bootcamp ie more variety etc and there seems to be a good social element, i emailed them and asked if they plan on expanding outside dublin eg carlow and i got a reply saying yes they are hoping to expand to the major towns and cities, i was thinking if there's anyone on this thread who would like to see fitsquad come to carlow maybe they could email fitsquad too to show their interest? the details are on fitsquad.ie - just an idea

linny

Eire Og do a Bootcamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maturestudent20

nice one thanx ill give them a buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 thesaharastyle

im joined d talbot have to say its a lovely place its cheaper that oaks all ur classes are included except belly dancin they also do boot camp and u have pool & sauna etc there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I was a member of the Talbot once, it was ****e.

You can't do Bootcamp training properly inside anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

testicle wrote: »
    Eire Og do a Bootcamp.

Have you any more details on this testicle, a time or cost or anything.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

does anyone know if the tae bo class is still running?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

snorlax wrote: »
    does anyone know if the tae bo class is still running?thanks

it's on mondays and wednesdays in askea boys school, 7-8 and it's 5euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

thanks for that Patrick..anyone fancy heading down tomorrow?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement