Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License firearms change

Options
  • 30-03-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Advice Please, is there any problem changing a license from a 9mm Pistol to a .22 Target Rifle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well, changing a pistol over to a rifle cert might pose difficulties, but since it could in some ways be seen as downsizing, that might ease the process. It probably involves a reapplication though.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

OK thanks, I will check with local FO.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sikasmicke

Sikamick wrote: »
    OK thanks, I will check with local FO.

Thanks again

Would it not be a good idea to call the DOJ Firearms Department to get an answer?

Not really, as your FO is responsible for things like this. Tends to be at their discretion what way your licence can be changed around.

Not really, as your FO is responsible for things like this. Tends to be at their discretion what way your licence can be changed around.

So you are advocating that your advice carries more weight then the DOJ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

No, the Superintendent is the ultimate decision maker with regards to firearms licensing. IWM is correct in suggesting the local FO as the first port of call, he/she would be best placed to know the Superintendent's mind in such matters. (apart from the Super of course :)).

Sickasmicke seems to be intent on phone bombing the DoJ. Out of eight posts he's advocated this course of action seven times.

No, but he's very intent on getting anyone he possibly can to phone the DoJ, when his FO really should be the first port of call. Why ask the DoJ when they don't make the decisions?
    rrpc wrote: »
    No, the Superintendent is the ultimate decision maker with regards to firearms licensing. IWM is correct in suggesting the local FO as the first port of call, he/she would be best placed to know the Superintendent's mind in such matters. (apart from the Super of course :)).

Sickasmicke seems to be intent on phone bombing the DoJ. Out of eight posts he's advocated this course of action seven times.

Yeah, perhaps I could have been more elaborate, but I had a bus to catch. Thanks anyway rrpc.

I completely misread this thread and the usernames...

I agree - call your FO

I completely misread this thread and the usernames...

I agree - call your FO

Heh.

Advertisement