Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIDI Genius 5

Options
  • 31-03-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've decided to upgrade from toe strap pedals to clipless pedals in preparation for the wicklow 200.

Seeing as I know very little about cycling in general, I came here as I usually do for help.

I've decided that I may as well get a decent pair of shoes that wont cause me any great discomfort and won't fall apart after a few spins, and I have heard great things about SIDI.

They can be got online for €115 and I know that people say you should never buy shoes online, but I have used the various sizing charts and come to the following conclusion. My favourite runners are those white puma ones with the swoosh (I think they are called "cats"), just to give you an idea of what I consider a good fit. I am a size 10 in these and according to cyclesuperstore, this corresponds to a SIDI 45.5 size.

I was just wondering, how well the puma size correlates with the SIDI size, in terms of width, etc. Also, am I mad to buy online? Can these be bought in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've no idea about Puma, but I've got Sidi Genius 5s. Sidis run a little smaller than most other shoes. I'd be one (euro) size up from what I'd normally take.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm normally a 10-10.5 in shoes. I bought a pair of Sidi road shoes (can't remember the model, but they are a lower end one) in Munich the other week, size 46. Size 45 was too tight for me. They are slim fitting, so the 46 seems perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Cool guys, I think I will go for the 46 then. At worst its gonna result in a move down to 45, so one return aint gonna break the bank (famous last words).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

If you want to try mine on for size, we could arrange something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

that would be sweet! Cheers dude.

I'm in South Dublin anyway, but I can travel around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

I recently was on the hunt for new shoes, I purchased a pair of Shimano shoes, I was two sizes up from what I thought I would take, my advice would be get into a shop and try a few pairs on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Trouble is nowhere stocks SIDIs.

Advertisement