Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie restaurant ...

Options
  • 31-03-2008 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I heard there was one somewhere around Mill Street or thereabouts, it's not showing up on Menupages under "Vegetarian" and I haven't found it by wandering around that general direction. Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ask that veggie fiend Tar.aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

can't remember the name but are you on about the one in the bridge mills? I think it's downstairs, you wouldn't spot it from from the road anyway but i'm pretty sure tis in thar somewhars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm not sure of where you are talking about. Does the restauran have to be completely vegettarian? If not, try indian restaurants and the market on saturdas and sundays for great food.

Mattar Paneer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

do you search for posts with your name in them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Yah my mate had dinner in the Italian in Bridge Mills and he reckoned it was vegetarian.

I'd be walking out of there hungry if it was me, but each to their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

This is prob completely unhelpful, but the kings head actually has a surprisingly decent veggie pizza. If you go thursday 7-10, they are 2 for the price of one.

Sadly, as I cook 95% of the time (tonights dinner was tempeh, quinoa, and cabbage, and was quite tasty and filling, i swear), so when I eat out it's likely pizza or like cheesy chips at 2 am. I've made almost no effort to find good places to eat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Cheers Guys, yes I was referring to a completely veggie restaurant, Galway being full of hippies i thought there'd be loads of them around

tristanc wrote: »
    This is prob completely unhelpful, but the kings head actually has a surprisingly decent veggie pizza. If you go thursday 7-10, they are 2 for the price of one.

Sadly, as I cook 95% of the time (tonights dinner was tempeh, quinoa, and cabbage, and was quite tasty and filling, i swear), so when I eat out it's likely pizza or like cheesy chips at 2 am. I've made almost no effort to find good places to eat here.

Their 3 types of cheeses thing is so nice for just cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ah, gone are the days of the Sunflower, on Quay street. That was a whiiiile ago!

Lovely veggie restaurant. A year or two ago, there were motions by someone I knew to set something similar up again close to the same location, but the biz plan failed. I am not completely veggie (eat fish), but I would make a point of supporting somewhere similar to the Sunflower. Indian is the best option (and I love it) but you can only do so much, and it doesn't have that many lo cal options or light food.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

dafunk wrote: »
    Cheers Guys, yes I was referring to a completely veggie restaurant, Galway being full of hippies i thought there'd be loads of them around
    Much as I dislike hippies, they don't necessarily all have eating disorders.

:D

So the answer is no? There is no purely vegetarian restaurant in Galway. Shame.

I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

there is..its in the Bridge Mills..on Mill Street..its called the Holywell...used to be just regular but i went there for my b'day in march and they informed us that they were now fully vegetarian...great for me and the OH, not so great for my carnivorous (sp?) friends..

food is great there..massive starters(seriously,ive often just got a starter on its own and have been completely satisfied),authentic italian pizza and reasonable prices..its great in the summer too..lovely area to sit outside along the water..defo one of my favourite places to eat in Galway.

Must look it up cheers. I live near mill st, where is it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Boards veggie restaurant trip! ;)

I gather it's in that old stone building just over the bridge. I've stumbled past in a number of days and saw there was an Italian restaurant in it. Never tried it. I guess fettuccine alfredo is veggie, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Turn left by the o2 store (cant remember the name of the street) just down there on the left is a veggie cafe which my friend loves- looks pretty nice!

Ah what's that called again hmmm, don't think it is veggie, they do claim it on the front though don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

was there not one in newcastle for a while??
    think it was called "seventh heaven" or somethin like that anyways!definately with a 7 in it somewhere!:p

Ruthee wrote: »
    there is..its in the Bridge Mills..on Mill Street..its called the Holywell...used to be just regular but i went there for my b'day in march and they informed us that they were now fully vegetarian...great for me and the OH, not so great for my carnivorous (sp?) friends..

food is great there..massive starters(seriously,ive often just got a starter on its own and have been completely satisfied),authentic italian pizza and reasonable prices..its great in the summer too..lovely area to sit outside along the water..defo one of my favourite places to eat in Galway.

Great. Thanks Ruthee, that's the place I'd heard about.

Oh found the Italian place, must eat in it some time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement