Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to Basics with camper

• 31-03-2008 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Gone are the days when driving down the road and one got a flash of lights and a big wave from fellow campers. Is it the fact that the fellow with the 06/08 ( as they prefer to call them) motorhome look down on the fellow with his converted panel van or the 94 camper. After all we get the same enjoyment as they do, although we may not have the Sat Dish or the scooter hanging off the back of the van.

So next time you see a camper flash the lights and give a wave :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I agree totally but often find the converted vans are less likely to give a wave. Mabey it's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There are quite a few sections of road here where I'd rather not take any hands off the steering wheel to give a wave that may or may not be returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 superman2

Wohnmobile did say a flash of the lights or a wave, I appreciate that there are sections of our roads when one isn't able to take their hands off the steering wheel, then just give a flash of the lights or if there is a passenger they can give the wave. I have travelled all over Europe and one always gets a wave and a flash of the lights from a passing camper.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

peasant wrote: »
    There are quite a few sections of road here where I'd rather not take any hands off the steering wheel to give a wave that may or may not be returned.

So you dont wave?? Shame on you:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Au contraire my friends!! We have a 07 "damper" as my little girl calls it and many a time we have been snubbed on the roads by our more "mature" comrades!! Highly insulted we were :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Waving is all very nice and I do wave when I can ...but there are limits:

1) safety constraints ...when I'm busy driving, I'm busy driving
    2) the sheer number ...drive a main artery like Sligo-Donegal on a summer (or bank holiday) weekend and you'd be better off just hanging one arm from the ceiling in a permanently suspended salute ...after a while it gets tedious.

I don't discriminate ...any kind of obvious camper gets waved at ...or not, as the case may be.

I'd be careful about flashing lights ...it may confuse other road users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I'd be careful about flashing lights ...it may confuse other road users.

WOT? with a big cheesy grin?

although I have got a few "wtf are you waving at" looks from a few this year

Advertisement