Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why so silent?

Options
  • 31-03-2008 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

only 12 threads have been active in this forum in the past 12 hours;
    i find it disconcerting that on a weekend day there is so little input in this forum; its of even greater concern to me that with all thats happening in irish politics at the moment this forum is very muted;
    why could this be the case?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved Politics -> Feedback.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's always a good deal quiter around here in the evenings and weekends. Probably because a lot of people piss about on boards at college/work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dragan ate their children so they're all busy with that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

bagels wrote: »
    i find it disconcerting that on a weekend day there is so little input in this forum; its of even greater concern to me that with all thats happening in irish politics at the moment this forum is very muted;

Either we banned everyone because we are evil oppressing overlords or its a Sunday evening and people have more fulfilling things to do than sit at a PC on their day off, unleashing their moral outrage about the evil world of politics.

I'll let you decide which of the two scenarios is more likely.

Incidently bagels (and all our other new politics forum posters), you're new here, so I'm going to ask you kindly to read the politics forum rules here before posting in the forum. This should give you an idea of what is and isn't allowed in the forum (and save you from wasting your and our time by starting threads there that will be deleted or moved).

Thanks.

Also, thanks to this thread title, I have There, There by Radiohead stuck in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You can always post your thoughts now and when people get back to, erm....work they will reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

we banned everyone because we are evil oppressing overlords

QFT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Either we banned everyone because we are evil oppressing overlords or its a Sunday evening and people have more fulfilling things to do than sit at a PC on their day off, unleashing their moral outrage about the evil world of politics.

I'll let you decide which of the two scenarios is more likely.

Incidently bagels (and all our other new politics forum posters), you're new here, so I'm going to ask you kindly to read the politics forum rules here before posting in the forum. This should give you an idea of what is and isn't allowed in the forum (and save you from wasting your and our time by starting threads there that will be deleted or moved).

Thanks.

i'm not new here;
    i've been monitoring this forum for 2 years;

in response to your invitation, i have decided on the former;

i have read your rules before posting;

mods on this forum may benefit from reading what posters on this forum state about them on other sites;

by the way, still only 12 threads active!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

mods on this forum may benefit from reading what posters on this forum state about them on other sites;

Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol, i'm sure they care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

InternetCat.jpg
    oh no :(:(:(

i doubt any of the mods give a $hit about what anyone thinks of them, be it on boards or any other site.
    also wtf is up with discussing the mods of one site on another?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

A quick google for "boards.ie moderators" shows up a thread on p.ie about how they don't like the boards.ie moderating policy (amusing considering recent events) and a thread on a website called "thumped.com" about how much boards.ie sucks and yet every other post is a link telling people to check out a thread/post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

GOD SAKE GUYS. Moderation on a politics forum, what the hell were we thinking? thats just STUPID, everyone knows that we just need to move the servers to the States and everything will be fine.

DUUHHHHHH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why bother, seriously if people who post on this site have an issue then they should raise the matter on this site.

CuLT wrote: »
    A quick google for "boards.ie moderators" shows up a thread on p.ie about how they don't like the boards.ie moderating policy (amusing considering recent events) and a thread on a website called "thumped.com" about how much boards.ie sucks and yet every other post is a link telling people to check out a thread/post.

I quite liked the comment here likening us to Ireland turning away jewish refugees in the 1940's :)

I love how the guys on thumped have massive post counts and claim members of Boards.ie have no lives, irony appears to fail them.

Good to see where all the banned trolls/retards have went though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

... no it doesn't..

... no it doesn't..
    I think you may not be using the correct search terms...

I think you may not be using the correct search terms...

What are they? The ones you posted don't return the results implied in your post.

"boards.ie" and "moderators"

Now I never said page one if you lot are being lazy :)

• Advertisement

A quick google for "boards.ie moderators"

*cough* only gives you one page *cough*

It's bringing up at least ten for me...

rb_ie wrote: »
    It's bringing up at least ten for me...

The search terms from post #13 or post #21?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I quite liked the comment here likening us to Ireland turning away jewish refugees in the 1940's :)

Beiträge Macht Frei.

Oh you included the quotes and then didn't try without?

Well. Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

A week is a long time in politics. Try to get a few hours sleep between each.
    It's been a relatively boring few months in politics, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boards.ie

Someone kindly made us an entry on urbandictionary.com :)

I bet it was those damn Poles.

Oh you included the quotes and then didn't try without?

Well. Ok.

Hey, I follow admin instructions to the letter (or in this case, to the special character)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Stark wrote: »
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boards.ie

Someone kindly made us an entry on urbandictionary.com :)

I bet it was those damn Poles.
    Look who made the entry. :D

• Advertisement

Hey, I follow admin instructions to the letter (or in this case, to the special character)
    Good work lieutenant ;)

Advertisement