Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering PA

Options
  • 31-03-2008 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all
    Im considering a PA in the coming week and i know a few on here have had it done, so just looking for some advice, where did you have it done? what to expect to pay? that kind of thing, im not dreading the pain as ive had some surgery down there just anxious about the healing time
    any input would be appreciated, also what kind of reactions have you gotten?

p.s would a piercer sell needles for play piercing to a client,as i have no facility to buy them online?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Play piercing, pretty sure no place will sell you them. best bet is unfortunately online or maybe a medical supply store...

PA, don't have it done myself. Think they range in price of €60 upwards.
    Everyone on the forum has their own preference of places to go.
    In no particular order;
    Snakebite on middle abbey street, across the road from arnotts
    Bodyshock in temple bar, just off to the left of central bank
    Wildcat in stephens green shopping centre and along the tram lines just past italian quarter
    V piercing in Inkwell tattoo, just past the forecourts, beside voodoo lounge i think the place is called.

Healing should be a piece of cake. Bit of blood but you've had surgery there so I'm sure you are well used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

^ What Wilburt said...

I got my PA done last Autumn, and I absolutely love it, it's pretty straight forward, split second of pain, then confusion about "Was that what I was so worked up about???"

Healing is very easy too, and it... er... 'works' really well... <_< >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

You can get play piercing needles @ www.bmeshop.com.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Had it done years ago, no bother at all... go to Celestial Ring (Wildcat?) in Abbey St or Stephen's Green Centre...

You should be able to get play piercing needles in any medical supply store -there's one on Talbot St. I think, and definitely one on Aungier St. -you're looking for hypodermic needles with a plastic hub -about 20 guage is what I'd recommend. You shouldn't have a problem getting them, but you may get funny looks from the shop assistant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

Ive had mine about a year an a half, was vitually painless to get and been very easy to stretch!

I found healing exceptionally easy and it now works better than it did pre piercing, basically, once you get it done you will never want to go back!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I'd like to get it done too, but am not sure. Does it through your bulb or as I'd prefer the shaft?

Sorry but I never did biology and am not sure what the terms are.

basically the jewelry goes through your urethra and out the bottom of your bell end :)
    look up Prince Albert on wiki.bmezine.com (at your own risk of course, obviously NSFW)

If you want one through your shaft, you're looking at getting an apadrayva or an ampallang (one being vertical, one horizontal), but they hurt quite a bit more than a PA (mine did anyway!) -as Wilburt said, wiki.bmezine.com has the info, and pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

^ What Wilburt said...

I got my PA done last Autumn, and I absolutely love it, it's pretty straight forward, split second of pain, then confusion about "Was that what I was so worked up about???"

Healing is very easy too, and it... er... 'works' really well... <_< >_>

haha same as me got it done in automn... didnt think it hurt at alll.. just like someone pintching you. and yes when the needle was true i was like "is that it??"

got it done in wildcat abby st.. think i payed 55e but i did get a student discount as well

1 thing though be prepared for shrinkage! cant blame the little man though.... guy coming at ya with a big needle all ya want to do is run and hide :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Thanks for the replies lads, think im gonna have it done within the month as im going to get my septum pierced next week,
    can i ask have any of you stretched it to a larger gauge, id like to get to a
    6g or so,
    thanks again

• Advertisement

was thinking about this today while bored in work. If you've had some surgery down there I presume there is some amount of scarring. Which, if is in the path of the potential piercing may prove more painful than normal because scar tissue is harder to pierce.

Most if not all male genital piercings should be pierced at 2.4mm or 3.2mm (i found out the hard way) Depending on the piercers opinion on the matter.

It stretches fairly easily but wouldn't go forcing it. A friend who has it done just said to me it stretched on its own, so when ya feel the barbell a bit loose and have some room to spare size it up if you so wish.

NukeD4 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads, think im gonna have it done within the month as im going to get my septum pierced next week,
    can i ask have any of you stretched it to a larger gauge, id like to get to a
    6g or so,
    thanks again

Mine's up at about 8mm at the moment, and they really do stretch themselves... don't force it, and you'll be grand

have mine 2.4mm atm thats what it was periced to. was told to wait 6month as then you should be able to see a little slack on the hole. then move up to the next size and wait 2 months then to it again

have mine 2.4mm atm thats what it was periced to. was told to wait 6month as then you should be able to see a little slack on the hole. then move up to the next size and wait 2 months then to it again
    Yeah I was told to wait at least 6 months before sizing up too, so still at 2.4 as well.

And Wilburt I think the surgery involved was a circumcision, so if that's healed there'd be no probs really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

NukeD4,

if you want to get something done that will... ehum.... please the ladies.. you need to get a Palang (http://www.bodymattersgold.com/bmg/htm/Piercing/Palang_Piercing.html)

Basically a PA doesnt to much for the ladies... but the palang will do magic. You can change the size on the balls of the barbell depending on what your gf like :rolleyes:

Thats just my to cents :)

Good thing with genital piercings like PA and palang is that the urine will help flush out the bacteria... so wee alot! :p

good luck with your new piercing!

cutepape wrote: »
    Basically a PA doesnt to much for the ladies...

I've only had (very!) positive responses to mine.

I've only had (very!) positive responses to mine.

same here.. and the blowjs went higher on the list if im honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Apparently thats a common misconception about the ampallang
    from bme wiki:
    A very important detail: this piercing, contrary to a tremendous amount of hype, is not a good choice for making most female partners happier. Good technique aside for a minute, the nature of the placement rules out direct pleasurable stimulation, and in fact has been known to be "catchy, irritating and just too much" for a good deal of people, never mind the possible hardships imposed on the back teeth and the soft palate. As with most piercings, these need to be left in, so seriously consider all possible outcomes before embarking on such a big journey.

And on purely aesthetic grounds i much prefer the PA

Having had an ampallang, an apadrayva and a PA (and all at the same time for a while), the PA is definitely my fave, and the favourite of the girls I've been with... but that could be me :)

Advertisement