Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 10 worst selling consoles of all time

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

virtual boy always intrigues me, probably will waste a load of money stupidly on one yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I absolutely adore my saturn. TBH if you don't have a 4 in 1 adapter or have it chipped for those rare games you will never afford then it's a terrible console. The Eruopean and American releases had very few must haves. However if you can play the japanese releases it's really has a load of must have games, almost as much as the PS1.

I love my saturn too, dont even have it chipped or play a lot of he rarer games. Still think its quality, I take it over my PSX any day, so many quality arcade games (from the the last golden era of arcade gaming), so many other classics. Its still the most played console of my small-ish collection.

On another note, how is the NEO GEO AES not there, no way that sold over 10 million. Its getting some serious play here at the minute! IMO, a truly unique machine with some amazing 2D games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

virtual boy always intrigues me, probably will waste a load of money stupidly on one yet

Been there, done that. Don't. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I still have my Dreamcast & Saturn and got more great gaming out of them than any other gaming machine(s).

I loved my Saturn! It had quality games on it if you looked around and even so i still liked some of the 'not-so-good' games branded by magazines. Absolutely loved Shenmue on the dreamcast, after reading this forum i want to hook it up again and give it a go! :). If you shifted through all the crap that was released for dreamcast there were some gaming gems!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In defence of the much maligned Virtual Boy, I quite like mine, now I don't play it terribly ofter but must say Mario Tenis, the original packin title, is pretty neat.
    Of course the red and black Nes era visuals are a bit retro but still I find the machine a valiant attempt and the best effort thus far to introduce true 3d gaming to the masses.
    The device is well made, the controller is good and it doesn't gobble batteries either.
    The games are not so bad, as I have said before Galactic Pinball, Wario and Red Alarm all play well.
    It's a console that simply can't be used on an emulator and so most folk won't get it.
    Still, different strokes?

Really though, there are very few bad consoles, only poor software and that can be down to poor support for developers, bad business practice by hardware maunfacturers and so on.
    Most of the "Worst selling consoles of all time" still have a few gems to be played on their sad lonely silicon, despite the lack of people interested enough to play them.

Except for the Pippin, and the CDi, I think.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

ambro25 wrote: »
    Been there, done that. Don't. Really.

wil try my man, will try

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In reference to how I long I played mine, is that with regard to per session or overall?
    I have played Mario Tennis for over 30 mins a time, no ill effects to mention.
    Not everyone who played the VB got headaches or nausea, just too many!
    And while I haven't played it a while now, thats not an admission of craptitude on the VBs side, I haven't played my DC, Saturn or Snes for ages either, still love them though!

And with my games room finally being completed this summer, I need never crave the attention of humankind again!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Top 10 worst selling consoles of all time and they don't have the Wonderswan? Or the PC Engine?? How strange...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gizzle wrote: »
    Or the PC Engine?? How strange...

They did, the turbografx-16 the american version. Which is even stranger that they mentioned it since it was hugely popular in japan.

I've a feeling it's just the worst selling consoles in america since there are no mentions of any european or japanese only consoles, which is a bit silly.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Gizzle wrote: »
    Or the PC Engine??

The PC engine was huge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement