Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom line connection..

Options
  • 31-03-2008 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

just checked a neighbours number close to the house im moving into next week, and im in a smart telecom area. RESULT! now the questions..

the landline was never connected in the house. I am even led to believe that there may be no phone socket in the hall. how much are eircon going to charge me to connect that line? is there any way around it? I know in a house i was in before a rep called to the door tryin to sign me up and waived the connection charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

If there are no Phone lines in the house you may need to get an electrician in to install them . Our phone lines upstairs are dodgy and we got an Eircom engineer out, but he said that we would have to get an electrician to fix the wiring, that Eircom would not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

well i believe the wire is there, just not the socket. either way thats fine, as my dad is an electrician.

but yeah, eircom only go as far as that connection box in the hall, everything else is private property. the new boxes have a seperate panel for connecting alarm to, so that their wiring isnt tampered with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

€121.93 incl.VAT.

:( any way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

zuroph wrote: »
    :( any way around it?

Yes. Tell them you only need it for Smart BB, I'm sure they'll waive it.:p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Depends on who you know :p Got ours done for €60 :p

can you introduce me to ur friends?! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Think they might be doing a offer at the moment so you might want to check that out.
    Depends on who you know Got ours done for €60
    Eircom up to recently had 3 different scenarios for getting the line connected, one cost 30 quid the other cost 60 quid and the last was something like 130, you obviously just needed the 60 quid option.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

Eircom... recently had 3 different scenarios for getting the line connected, one cost 30 quid the other cost 60 quid and the last was something like 130, you obviously just needed the 60 quid option.

It's to do with whether there's a phone line going up to your house (from telegraph pole as it were), so if there's no line, it's 130; if there's a line but it needs to be connected at the exchange, or something like that - minor engineer work like, it's 60; and if it's already been active and just needs to be switched back on, it's 30. Or something very similar to that. I reckon if you haven't had a phone line active in the house and it's a new development, it's 95% going to be the 130. Ring one of the providers and ask.

called to the house and checked this morning. the line is running up to the house, but there is no socket in the the hallway, just the wire. does this mean the full 130? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

nah, once there's wires in the house, I think it's 60 or 30... you'll have to get a sparks to do internal wiring for you though - put the sockets in etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

zuroph wrote: »
    called to the house and checked this morning. the line is running up to the house, but there is no socket in the the hallway, just the wire. does this mean the full 130? :(

Ring them and ask.

The physical line may be there but it might not be connected in the exchange so you might have to pay the 121.93.

rang today, had to pay, but on the upside they gave me the account number and phone number immediately, so i can go about changing straight away.

Advertisement