Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mosley exposed......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why am I thinking Father Ted and square pieces of dirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"...engaged in a Nazi death-camp role play orgy with five prostitutes." - that man knows how to live.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080331091611.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Like father, like son eh.:pac:

Jaysus, I didn't know about his family history at all.
    His auld fella seems to have been a bit of an apprentice tyrant.

3003_orgy_07.jpg
    Hitler admired him so much he was guest of honour at his wedding to society beauty Diana Mitford, held at the Berlin home of evil Nazi chief Joseph Goebbels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

How do you roleplay nazi death camps with hookers unless you gas them all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Tragedy wrote: »
    How do you roleplay nazi death camps with hookers unless you gas them all?

Maybe they edited that bit out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Somehow I'm not to bothered about this. Paul Jewell last week, Mosley this, who's next?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

well i guess when you have plenty of money you have to spend it on something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ChristyBrown

hmmm - Mclaren fined in September and 6months later Mosley gets caught - what a coincidence!
    Just wait 'til they expose Hamilton and his supposed love of ladies of the night.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Like father, like son eh.:pac:

Jaysus, I didn't know about his family history at all.
    His auld fella seems to have been a bit of an apprentice tyrant.

3003_orgy_07.jpg

C4 did a mini series dramatisation of Oswalds Mosleys life maybe 5 year.
    He was nasty ass tramp.

I'm not particularly bothered by the details, what consenting adults want to do in their private time is their own business.
    I am delighted to think we might finally see the back of him though. :)
    He is utterly useless.

Balstre passed this weekend.

• Advertisement

hmmm - Mclaren fined in September and 6months later Mosley gets caught - what a coincidence!
    Just wait 'til they expose Hamilton and his supposed love of ladies of the night.

It is preety likly it was an ambush. Note to self when I take over the world don't piss off Rupert Murdoch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Poor old Steve Rider will have a heart attack. His hero!
    mike65 wrote: »
    Somehow I'm not to bothered about this. Paul Jewell last week, Mosley this, who's next?

Mike.

Maybe!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.
    I wouldn't be too bothered about it but given that he is head of an organisation that is currently trying to promote anti-racism (or at least said they were when Hamilton was slagged), pretending to be a Nazi doesn't make his position tenable for this plan to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

This is all amazingly titilating stuff but what has struck me most over the last couple of days was Mosley's peevish attack on BMW & Mercedes:

"Given the history of BMW and Mercedes Benz, particularly before and during the Second World War, I fully understand why they would wish to strongly distance themselves from what they rightly describe as the disgraceful content of these publications."

:eek::confused:

Considering the behavior of his own immediate family before and after WWII you'd think he'd keep his mouth shut about such matters! Breathtaking arrogance doesn't desribe it - as Dave Richards said the man has lost touch with reality...

Bernie won't step in either. I've heard that Mosley was privvy to the deal which saw Bernie take control of F1 in the early '80s. As such I suspect it is not in the interests of BE to have Mosley turn against him:confused: Maybe someone else here knows more about the FISA/FOCA war and what happened during that period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

pburns wrote: »
    Bernie won't step in either. I've heard that Mosley was privvy to the deal which saw Bernie take control of F1 in the early '80s. As such I suspect it is not in the interests of BE to have Mosley turn against him:confused: Maybe someone else here knows more about the FISA/FOCA war and what happened during that period?
    All very cloak and dagger. :) Love to know the dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

OK this is getting more bizarre by the minute -

'Mosley has confided to friends he believes he may have been the victim of a plot by McLaren-Mercedes, who were fined £50million last year for 'spying' on Ferrari, to destroy his career,' reports the Daily Mail.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3383346,00.html

Now i'm willing to believe the Murdoch Group were (maybe) involved. He has, after all a court case pending with the Sunday times over Brundle's 'witchhunt' comments.

But drawing attention to Merc/BMW's history during WWII and now (if the website has it's facts right) getting 'friends' to leak speculation the the mighty McLaren-Mercedes organisations are setting him up!?!!!!!

Man this will be a movie script some day...

pburns wrote: »
    OK this is getting more bizarre by the minute -

'Mosley has confided to friends he believes he may have been the victim of a plot by McLaren-Mercedes, who were fined £50million last year for 'spying' on Ferrari, to destroy his career,' reports the Daily Mail.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3383346,00.html
    Did they make him take jis clothes for him aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ChristyBrown

The Vid is still up on youtube. My particular favourite part - "bend over - RIGHT OVER". COMEDY GOLD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Balestre passed this weekend.

Another man with a dubious Nazi link to his past having been a member of the French SS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

The Vid is still up on youtube. My particular favourite part - "bend over - RIGHT OVER". COMEDY GOLD.

Oh lovely,didn't know it was up there. Gets popcorn and comfy seat.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Looks like he's not going to stay on next year(that's if he survives the vote of no confidence!)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7357051.stm

Porsche are also blaming him for them not coming into F1
    http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3445018,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

kbannon wrote: »
    Porsche are also blaming him for them not coming into F1
    http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3445018,00.html
    Thats a bit lame from Porsche, IMO, that seems like an excuse. If they really wanted to go head to haed with the likes of Ferrarri and McLaren Mercedes, they would just keep their mouth shut and wait for the right time to enter F1.
    Its a bit Beige of them really.

I presume its PR and trying to get into the news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

The reference to the FISA/FOCA war, most of the details are included:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FISA-FOCA_war

Bernie and Max played a leading role in the proceedings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Interesting article, Oblomov.

Of course, history nearly repeated itself a few years ago when many of the teams threatened to form a breakaway championship, mostly because of the prize money share of revenues.

I won't be sorry to see Mosley gone. He was always too much in Bernies pocket. While Bernie is still considered the ringmaster of F1, remember his disgraceful running of the US GP a few years ago when only 3 teams started the race. He got all the teams to do the warm-up lap and expected the fans at the track to be happy with that and not look for their money back.
    It wouldn't be any harm for a him to go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Bernie is regarded as the saviour of Formula one by the participants, he has made virtually all the 'Old Guard' into multi millionaires, the tales of Frank Williams working out of a phone box and waiting for the weekends prize money to be delivered to be able to pay the team...... all true. and I spoke to the messenger.

Bankrolling the air fares to Argentina, all sorts of ensuring the teams were able to race and, most important, make money. Bernie made money, everyone made money.

The Indy race was more about getting Michelin away from Formula One, making them responsible for the whole debacle when just resorting to correct way round would have resolved every thing.

The sending Jordan to Japan to sort an engine deal with Toyota while schuie signed up with Briatorie..... because German Tv wanted a German star..... complicated... you bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mosley survives to bonk another day.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The dirty lookin eejit.

This whole fiasco only damages the sport and Ecclestone knows that more than anyone. He called on Mosley to quit before todays vote. I'd love to hear his reaction to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

hmm, a little surprised that he got the vote to stay, can't imagine he'll be around that long though, retirement in a few months hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The German ADAC have pulled out of the FIA, while the American AA are threatening to do so too as a result of today's events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080726/tuk-mosley-win-is-dangerous-precedent-6323e80.html

"Lord Carey said free speech has been the "first major victim" and that without public debate or democratic scrutiny, the courts have created a new privacy law."

Cant say I agree with this,as it suggests that that undercover camera work such as this is in the pubic interest.

Advertisement