Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Company to get Finger Food from?

• 31-03-2008 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I'm hosting an event this week in UCD - a student run affair, but there'll be a lot of senior academic staff present and I need to organise finger food for thirty or forty people.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good deals in terms of both quality of food and price? It's just that the last time one of my committee organised food it was pure muck, so I really need to do well on this...

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Prawns
    Selection of various cheeses and an assortment of crackers.
    Bread and dips.
    Deepfried calamari as opposed to the usual chicken nuggets.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

IMHO cadburys choclate fingers over fish fingers ever time

i'll gt my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Garlic mushrooms, some good quality chicken goujons

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Rabies wrote: »
    Deepfried calamari as opposed to the usual chicken nuggets.

Nooooooo! Not calamari! Possibly the most disgusting foodstuff ever, and loads of unwitting people will bite into it, thinking it's an onion ring or something*.

*I can confirm this actually happens from prior first-hand experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

LOL @ Faith. I friggin love fresh calamari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mini vegetable spring rolls.

garlic mushrooms.

end of discussion :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I hate the deep fried usual stuff....sausages, goujons, mushrooms....fingers get caked in grease and they're so unhealthy.

Brown bread with smoked salmon, tiger prawns with sweet chilli dip, cheese and fruit skewers, wild mushrooms on toast, melon wrapped in parma ham on cocktail sticks....any of this stuff gets my vote.

Most of it can be made hours in advance too!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

cheers but i actually need company recommendations if anyone can help?

Dunnes have some OK frozen breaded prawns, check them out. Think they were on special offer recently enough too. Should be a pinky-purple box.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not explaining myself well here. I'm looking for a company that will do all the work for me - i.e. a good quality well priced caterer for the night! We'll serve the food of course but I still need to source it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

handfull of chicken wings wouldnt go amiss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

To cater for 30-40 people with finger food is easy and can be done on the cheap.
    Getting a company to do will cost a lot more.

LOL @ Faith

If calamari is done right it can be ok. Not a huge fan of it myself.

Yes, but none of our group have the time to do so - we're all in the middle of exams. Plus, the money is in the kitty for something like this - I'm just looking for the best company to do it! Recommendations?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I edited the thread title to make it clearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

A friend of mine got the Gallic Kitchen on Francis st to cater her mam's bday, they had a finger food buffet thingy and it was lovely (I was several glasses of fizzy wine to the wind but I distinctly remember some very tasty quiche) and not all that pricey (I think)

http://www.gallickitchen.com/

Advertisement