Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering for VAT - How long does it take?

Options
  • 31-03-2008 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi there,

Just recently set up our company. We're really under pressure for our VAT number - we dropped the TR2 form in on Thursday - does anyone know how long it takes to be furnished with a number?

Thank you

Ciara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mckers

It can take anything from two weeks up to infinity. It all depends on if there are any questions with the application. Call Revenue regularly to follow up on the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Hi ciara,

I'm not too familiar with all this company registration lark, however, I successfully got over the first hurdle and am now a fully registered LTD company.

the next step is getting a VAT number. Is it just a case of filling in and sending off the TR2 form you mentioned in your OP? Is there anything else I need to know about getting a VAT number?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Chunks wrote: »
    Hi ciara,

I'm not too familiar with all this company registration lark, however, I successfully got over the first hurdle and am now a fully registered LTD company.

the next step is getting a VAT number. Is it just a case of filling in and sending off the TR2 form you mentioned in your OP? Is there anything else I need to know about getting a VAT number?

Thanks.

Hi Chunks,

Yep - fill in and send off the TR2 form - just make sure you have all the relevant directors / shareholding information when filling in the form and tick the appropriate boxes on the form depending on what taxes you're registering for (VAT, payroll, RCT).

The last TR2 form I filled in for a client took about a fortnight to process - we had the VAT number within two weeks

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Thanks Joe. :)

Advertisement