Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The children have left the building.

Options
  • 31-03-2008 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Hurrah they are back in school.

Right was anyone else nearly driven demented over the easter break ?
    Really with easter happening so early in the year the weather was bloody awful and it was go hard to get them out to play or to plan day trips with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

and the poor unpredictable weather doesn't make matters any better :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Aw I enjoyed having mine off school. They're at a nice stage as they're 12 and 10 years old.

We didn't do a lot over the holidays apart from taking them shopping in Cork one day (they'd been threathened not to moan and they didn't;)), cinema twice, DS2 had 2 friends over for a sleepover one night and the following night DS1 had 2 of his friends over. I think I spent the easter weekend in a cloud of fart as both nights turned into farting competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

my two wee one spent their last week of easter holidays stuck in the house with the vomiting bug. I was so sorry for them. The littlest one even had to get a drip in her arm in temple street for dehydration so I didnt get a chance to do much with them at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Right was anyone else nearly driven demented over the easter break ?

You get a break? You lucky *****************s. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hang in there nesf you have to get your lil one to school age.

I love my brats I do and was chuffed to be able to take them out for a nearly two hour cycle this evening before the weather turned,
    but we were starting to go stir crazy in the house over the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

I think we (parents) should be more proactive during school holidays.

In particular, get each child to invite their 4 best schoolfriends over for an afternoon. If 5 families did this then the kids would amuse themselves for 5 days and 4 of these days they would not be even in your house.

The best amusement for my kids .... simple..just bring a few of their friends over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fair enough if you know the parents of those children well and they know you but that is not always the case and most parents would not be able to deal with my son's specail needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

yes back to school, and evening 1 back to dancing and the mammy taxi is back in service,
    Im sure this time last year we were on the way into a heat wave, hopefully the weather will pick up again, or else im going to be able to advertise for one of those bog snorkling contests in my garden!!
    Still the rain is meant to hold off till friday, so should be able to get out some of these evenings.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Bloody weather made the second week a nightmare.

Advertisement