Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars Newb.

Options
  • 31-03-2008 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Anyone want to help out a Guild Wars newb? Just started last night. Went Necro then chose Elementalist as second. Starting to quite enjoy it. I like the idea of a single Realm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Arg, going back through the MMO threads, I can find no evidence of any boardsies playing it. Please tell me it isnt a dead game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

this is the free one isn't it, if I was going to play any it would be that, it's not dead for sure, it shifts loads of copies from the games shops, maybe just no one round these parts plays it

Yeah 5 million at last count, and its a single realm game. Weird that it isnt more popular here, it doesnt even have a sub forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I, and many others from boards, used to play it. Some probably still do, but I was a bit pissed off at having to keep up with the expansions released every 6 months and a general dislike for the organised PvP since it is so hard to get into a guild to get properly involved in organised PvP, that I stopped playing it.

It is definitely a rather good game. The PvE stuff is pretty limited compared to most MMOs but the PvP is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

its a great game, i played it loads when prochecies was out but after going back recently id need to buy all the expansions to be able to join any decent pvp teams.

• Advertisement

Right I will rate this game as about 3/10.

Reasons: Due to its free status it has a stupendous amount of underage idiots spamming.
    Unlike WoW there is no help for newbies at all. It actually feels like a single player game as there is little to no interaction with other people.

If I need another MMORPG hit, then I am going back to WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Indeed, wow is totally different... unlike Guild Wars it has a stupdendous amounts of middle-aged idiots spamming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

Because WoW players are waaaaay more mature... "odd groups got left even groups got right" comes to mind.. :D

I play GW but not that much recently if you PM me your IGN can meet up with to to kill stuff or whatever.

The only probs with GW are that you need a guild to do the uber missions and unless you conform to having a particular cookie cutter build then your chances of getting in a group can be slim to none so its best to find some mates...

I used to be in an uber guild but then real life kicks in and we fell apart due to other commitments :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kafka The Cat

ok, acually what the hell?:eek:
    3/10? how? :confused:Im pretty new to GW, ive only been playing for like 3 months, and its great! No help? theres tons! just shout for help and youll get a bazillion replies! the people are really friendly! plus, its totally free, eccept for the retail price that is, and even thats only 20euro! and what about all the expansions? theyre great! the GW world is enormous at this stage, and with the release of EotN, it just got enormouser! (:D). ok, yeah, having a bad build will let you down in the party joining aspect, but in what game doesnt it? no one wants a player whos gonna let them down in theyre team! its easily remedied anyway, just go capture a few elites from bosses. the guild hing is kinda true too, but if you ask around, finding a good guild aint that hard! so yeah, i dont know what yourll all on about. my IGN is Kafka The Cat for ne1 who wants help or nething! bye now :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have GW sitting gathering dust beside me.
    Personally i think its very average,an MMO should mean you actually meet people out in the world.
    Its pretty much bottom of the pile of MMO`s ive played,no wonder its free :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

GuildWars is about... yes you won't believe it... GuildWars.

Meaning PvP.

This game is pure pvp. It was built from the ground up to be that.
    I agree the pve is horribad but if you have not played the pvp then you have missed
    the finest aspect of the came and simply cannot rate it.

Last tournament i won 50€ headset from Logitech :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kafka The Cat

ah, but when you have your own private map, there no PKing, no 'that guy got to the boss before me now i have to wait for it to respawn'-ing, and if you want to meet up with people, just join a party. easy. neway, GW2 is gonna mush WoW up. it incorporates the personal map, and shared map things. dont ask me how. but with 5 races,(human, charr, sylvari, norn, asura) and 10 professions(monk, necromancer, assassin, ritualist, ranger, paragon, dervish, warrior, elementalist, mesmer) its gonna be great ^^

Advertisement