Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the best camera phone?

• 31-03-2008 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

I have a Sony Ericsson K750i but the camera has broken.
    Want to get a new camera phone as I take a lot of photos with my phone.
    What's the best one on the market at present?
    i've been looking at a lot of different reviews online- Sony Ericsson K850i, k810i, Samsung G600, G800 (with 3 optical zoom) etc.

Picture quality is most important, then quick response from when I press the shutter, flash, good over all pics (indoor, outdoor etc.)

At least 3.2 megapixels I'd say.
    Sceen size doean't matter- they're all big enought to view pics, manage phone these days.
    Zoom- I find that the pic quality goes down with the zoom but have been reading that the Samsung G800 has an optical zoom, which means that pic quality doesn't suffer much.

Also anyone know where I could buy any of above 2nd hand for a reasonable price (I've looked on Ebay, adverts.ie, buyandsell.

Thanks,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Thanks??

Anyway,

What deterimnes a good camera phoen for you?
    Screen size?
    Zoom?
    Megapixels?

etc.

I have a 5mp N95 and love it. The gallery for viewing pics and videos is really nifty too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

prospect wrote: »
    Thanks??

Anyway,

What deterimnes a good camera phoen for you?
    Screen size?
    Zoom?
    Megapixels?

etc.

I have a 5mp N95 and love it. The gallery for viewing pics and videos is really nifty too.

Lol, didnt the op make it clear?
    Ha ha!
    Anyway: n95 is great, although, yeah, zoom in it takes a lot of quality away! But you wont regret buying it - plus, price has really come down! And the tv out is great for showing off your pics on any old telly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Internet reviews generally seem to indicate that the LG Viewty is about the best camera phone currently. There has been lots of questions raised about the camera sensor in the N95, though some of the major flaws seem to have been fixed with recent editions. But check out reviews of the Viewty - the camera sensor being used is far more important than pixel count when it comes to taking "true" pictures: e.g. representing colour well, for example. LG aren't very well represented in the Irish Market but they make some excellent phones with a very nice user interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Nokia N95 without a doubt, leaves the Apple Iphone in the weeds with its 5MP capabilities and its Carl Zeiss lense (A name used in pro cameras). If you are due an upgrade with Vodafone go for it, They almost giving these things away since the threat of Iphone from O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ablelocks

check out the nokia n82 - excellent review at gsmarena.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

strecker wrote: »
    Lol, didnt the op make it clear?
    Ha ha!

Read the bottom bit of the OP's post, "last edited by....." pay particular attention to the time it was edited and the reason.
    Now look at the time of my post.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement