Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TMS200 - Europe Disc for Toyota SatNav

Options
  • 31-03-2008 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I've just imported a Toyota Avensis GS from the UK (2002) . It has a factory fitted sat nav (TMS200 - all the kit for it in the boot, cd-rom). I've just rang a toyota garage and have been quoted €250 for the europe discs . Given that my sister has just bought a tom-tom for around the same price , probably not a practical option for me!

If anyone has any ideas/leads for a cheaper way to update the system to work in Ireland, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks

Liz

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Check here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

Thanks for that. However the disc I have currently is only for UK (08664-00886) so the only option I can find on that website is to get the latest version of that coverage area for €110 . The guy in the Toyota Garage told me to call out to him and he would show me how to order it online for around €160 so I figure he will give me the code for the Europe one. I'm presuming then that they send you the full version and not an update like it implies on the website. Not sure if I will bother though at that price as don't do a lot of driving but if under €100 it might be nice to have!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The disc on the website will be the full disc . The only difference will be that Toyota will put their mark up on it and charge you €50 for the pleasure !

Advertisement