Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage when contracting

Options
  • 31-03-2008 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm an IT contractor, and have been contracting in the same place for 2 years now ... on an hourly rate with expenses.

I was just wondering what the procedure would be regarding getting a mortage? Do banks only consider those with permanent jobs? I'd be looking to get a joint mortgage with my boyfriend who has a permanent job.

Does anyone know where we'd stand with the banks?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I would think you will need a couple of years of audited accounts - since your essentially a sole trader/small business :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I'm with an umbrella company so providing that shouldn't be a problem.

Do they offer lower mortgages do you know to contractors since job security wouldn't be the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You'll get the same rates as everyone else. Some banks will offer a higher LTV depending on your profession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 YES Finance

Hi,

Provided you can provide 2 years audited accounts for your business signed off by a certified or chartered accountant and can also provide an up to date tax clearance certificate then this should suffice for the majoirty of lenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

As you are effectivly self employed, then said bank will need to see audited accounts and a tax clearence cert. Major plus is that it's a joint mortgage and your b/f is PAYE employed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement