Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Reveals

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And on top of that, we've got people voting who haven't even made any contribution to the forum in the weeks that it's been online.

So some of the people havent posted on the forum, someone who just reads the forum has as much of a right to how it goes. This is a Boards.ie Forum for Boards.ie users when we start saying some people have more rights than others it starts becoming a load of crap. How about we give people more of a say on it based on join date or post count?

We were asked to put it to the public vote and we did - someone people were bound not to get their way.

Voodoo child, you know and can read who started the threads you have issues with - saying things are stupid and poorly thought out and pretending you are taking to no one in particular wont fly with me.

Sherifu wrote: »
    There was a reason the original request was for a private forum. Somewhere along the line that changed and things will be messy until we sort it out.

Well I was the one who brought it up and it was the first time a forum of this type had ever been requested. I did initially suggest it be private but the majority of people who posted said it should be public. Now that its been made we have people who may never have posted on the request thread asking for it to be one way and the people who asked for it and it was made for asking for it to be another.

You cant please all of the people all of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Yes, as long as Spoiler Tags are used.
    6th wrote: »

Voodoo child, you know and can read who started the threads you have issues with - saying things are stupid and poorly thought out and pretending you are taking to no one in particular wont fly with me.

Fine, i'll apologise for 'stupid' but not for poorly thought out. It is poorly thought out, that's not a personal attack but an observation and an opinion. The reasoning behind it was explained in the post, if you have an issue with the reasoning feel free to debate it. Spoilers tags and exposure are two different issues.

Thats fine enough. This is all being done in a rush, as soon as it became an issue we started looking at it. As with any new forum there are teething problems.

As it happens I might have a solution which keeps everyone happy. I'll discuss it with r3nu4l and post about it when we get the results of the poll. Please lets just see how this goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thats fine enough. This is all being done in a rush, as soon as it became an issue we started looking at it. As with any new forum there are teething problems.

As it happens I might have a solution which keeps everyone happy. I'll discuss it with r3nu4l and post about it when we get the results of the poll. Please lets just see how this goes.
    Agreed, 6th and I are in discussion. The poll itself is not the deciding factor per se, it's just a poll to see how people feel. There are other options but the poll is just there to 'get the lie of the land'!

We'll chat again tomorrow :) In the meantime there will be no more reveals until the issue is sorted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

*reveals himself*

muhahahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

So now there's a sub-forum, what happens with the poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It closes at Midday and we'll have a look and decide what to do. The feedback thread no doubt attracted people who just voted for the hell of it and never intend to contribute to the forum, however, some voters do have a genuine interest so we need to look carefully and come to a decision.

Great. Looking forward to getting back to discussing magic soon.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    The feedback thread no doubt attracted people who just voted for the hell of it and never intend to contribute to the forum

In fairness these are possible the same people who showed support when the forum was suggested. Alot of the names in that thread havent posted here yet and alot of the people posting here didnt post in the suggestion thread.
    Great. Looking forward to getting back to discussing magic soon.

Nothing stopping people from discussing magic as it is.

• Advertisement

Nothing stopping people from discussing magic as it is.
    Except for reveals until this is resolved which are what i'm most interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

All of you are banned for one month.

*tada!*

:p

Except for reveals until this is resolved which are what i'm most interested in.

So you're here for the reveals? Is this the kind of person the magicians are talking about when they say they dont want tricks posted publically? :D

So you're here for the reveals? Is this the kind of person the magicians are talking about when they say they dont want tricks posted publically? :D
    I would think so.

Poll closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

*Awaits resulting outcome with baited breath.*

Ah, sure I'll still post anyway. They haven't been spoilered (Hey mom, I made a noun!) yet and the forum's doing pretty well I think. So who's going to perform at the next beers then? Bags not it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

why not do what magic bunny do ?

a sub forum where you have to apply for access.
    mods dish out the access depending on how much the poster contributes to the forum.

horgan_p wrote: »
    why not do what magic bunny do ?

a sub forum where you have to apply for access.
    mods dish out the access depending on how much the poster contributes to the forum.

Thats what we have done ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So who do we f*ck to get access then? I already have a hectic schedule trying to sleep my way to being an admin (at least that's how DeVore said I could do it. But it has been 3 years now...).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

No, they should never be posted publically
    I'm subbed to the M/I forum since it started. I'll be interested to see what can be discussed in the main forum without them. Time will tell though, continued good luck with the forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Im currently going through all episodes of Magic’s Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed after eventually finding them all online :) Will report back later when I get through all episodes. There are 2 seasons of the show, the original 5 episodes that aired from 1997-2002 and more recent 8 show run.

Advertisement