Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire at Muldoons

• 31-03-2008 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

was comming to work this morning
    and front of muldoons is cordoned off -
    front of building is fire damaged
    WHAT HAPPENED???

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

don't the owners also own Ruby's?
    Hasn't Rubys gone up in smoke a few times under questionable circumstances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its an epidemic!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Cabaal wrote: »

I dont know about a few times but when i was working there the stairs down to the smoking area were torched and camera evidence proved it wasnt questionable to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Culprit is obviously an young male with a severe distaste for 80's music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

dlofnep wrote: »
    Culprit is obviously an young male with a severe distaste for 80's music.

now you was on here a while back bitching about drink prices hmmmm

GET THEM ALIBI'S PAID:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

It looked like the Muldoons sign on the front of the building just went on fire, it was pretty much put out by the time the fire brigade got there though so nothing too major by the looks of things. I'm surprised nobody has a picture up because loads of people had their camera phones out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It was the Oxygen sign above the front door of Muldoons. Probably a short caused by the rain. Muldoons was "evacuated" because the power had to be turned off for the fire brigade. Like already said, it burned itself out fairly quickly and the only damage was to the signs.

The only fire I remember in Ruby's was the one mentioned which was far from questionable. Muldoons/Fat Sam's had a fire but that was a different owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Adyx wrote: »
    Muldoons/Fat Sam's had a fire but that was a different owner.

Ha - I remember sitting on the wall beside Mason's watching Fat Sam's go up in smoke :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

Cabaal wrote: »

as a moderator of this site i think you are bang out of order with your accusations " gone up in smoke a few times" " questionable". the owner of these premises is a well respected person and a big employer in the city and he had nothing to do with the one fire in rubys or the accidental fire last night.

so as a moderator i think you should be a little more careful with your comments.. they could lead to litigation towards your self.. be careful.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

portlairge wrote: »
    as a moderator of this site i think you are bang out of order with your accusations " gone up in smoke a few times" " questionable". the owner of these premises is a well respected person and a big employer in the city and he had nothing to do with the one fire in rubys or the accidental fire last night.

so as a moderator i think you should be a little more careful with your comments.. they could lead to litigation towards your self.. be careful.

You don't seem to understand how/what/who Mods are, Mods are volunteers and are not employed by boards.ie and as such are entitled to there own view.

My personal understanding is that there was dodgy fires in the past, if I'm wrong fair enough but that was certainly my understanding based on previous information I'd been given :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

I hate all this moderators should be careful bull. If Cabaal says that heroes is full of gay actors or Broadband is actually run by overworked pigeons than maybe we can question him...but in the waterford forum?

The fire was caused by a short that was indeed rain enforced. I was standing across the road in the woodman with a pint in my hand watching it all. It was a fairly minor affair but sure so little excitement happens in this town that it became an event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I hate all this moderators should be careful bull. If Cabaal says that heroes is full of gay actors or Broadband is actually run by overworked pigeons than maybe we can question him...but in the waterford forum?

The fire was caused by a short that was indeed rain enforced. I was standing across the road in the woodman with a pint in my hand watching it all. It was a fairly minor affair but sure so little excitement happens in this town that it became an event

Lucky you, I had to stand out in the rain with no jacket and watch it while waiting for the fire brigade.:mad: Speaking of pigeons, they'll have nowhere to stand and s**t on us now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Careful with any accusations please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

god the sound of jack boots in this forum is unreal...... ya cant say anything without being pulled up on it..... next i'll see people goin around town with MODERATED on their forehead !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Typhoon. wrote: »
    god the sound of jack boots in this forum is unreal...... ya cant say anything without being pulled up on it..... next i'll see people goin around town with MODERATED on their forehead !

Nobody has been moderated, yet. I'm just asking people be careful with what they say thats all. Why should Boards take the rap over someone saying something stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The last 'dodgey' fire was a malicious attack by lads who were thrown out earlier that night. They set the bins on fire and caused damage to both Rubies and Xtravision. I know, I had to work with a flashlight for a week !

TBH, I'm not really all that impressed lately that everytime there is a fire, it seems to be 'dodgey.' Base your speculations in fact or STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I remember the rubys fire, i was there the day after clearing out the cases of empties which were then stored underneath the fire damaged fire escape (yea i know) just try to picture this. . . . . Plastic cases melted to nothing and others melted together i remember having to try to lift 8 cases of bottles which had been melted together on top of each other. There was absolutly NO QUESTION of that fire being in any way 'questionable'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Your about two years too late for this chat mate !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

hmm must've gotten mixed up as the oxygen sign did catch fire last week ha

Advertisement