Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Weather Data Being Eaten!!!

Options
  • 31-03-2008 10:56am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Help!!!!

Anybody out there with a LaCrosse weather station - more particularily a WS 2500?

This is sort of complex and mad!

Attached is a current screen grab of the associated software - you see the written data to the left hand side and the line highlighted red at 2.45pm yesterday - since opneing this morning, this has travelled backwards from 11.30pm, deleting all the rainfal totals as it goes!!!

I started out this morning with total rainfall of 31.5mm for the period since 6pm yesterday, as you can see, this is now down to 14.7mm

That data on the console itself is intact - it's just the software that's imploding!?!

I know its a long shot, but if anybody has come across this problem before, would appreciate your help.

Comments

Is that 14.7 not the rainfall since midnight? Today is the 31st like.
    Can you find the data for the 30th and is it intact?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hi BB

No - the period shown is from midday yesterdy until now - as per bar chart on right - I just can't show the full 'written' data for that whole period on left hand side. Was just trying to show the highlighted 'red' line that is mysteriously eating all my data!!!

Everything from 11.30pm last night backwards i disapperaing! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Are you using the Heavy Weather software that came with the unit? If so I'd really look at using something else, it's not great at all. I gave up on the supplied software within a few hours.

The station itself stores 3 rain values, rain_1h, rain_24h and rain_total. If your total and 24h values are correct on the unit itself it's most likely your software.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thanks Nemonoid - yes totals on the console seem to be intact - showing 31.5mm for the 24hr period and yes, using software that came with it.

Any software recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

I know Snowbie and most of the other guys use Weather Display. There is also wview and Open2300 but I'm not sure if they work on the 2500.

I use a modified version of Open2300 with my 2305.

• Advertisement
Advertisement