Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industrial,goth, alternative metal etc...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

http://www.kittierocks.com << kittie r cool fairly unusual like

Possibly one of the worst bands in existance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

http://www.kittierocks.com << kittie r cool fairly unusual like
    If by "cool fairly unusual like" you mean "boring, insipid, uninspiring and just plain dull" then yes, I agree with you :). I have one of their albums at home and I can't believe a record company put up the money to have them record the album in a studio. The vocalist can't hold a note when she sings and when she growls she just sounds pathetic. The music they write is slow-paced, generic tripe! There's also nothing industrial or alternative metal about them either. I suppose their goth because they wear dark clothes and too much makeup?

And just in case you think I'm attacking them because they're women, far from it. Even just on this thread alone you can check out far better female vocalists. Check out Brittany Bindrim from I:Scintilla or Chibi from The Birthday Massacre for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse and Yellow Swans for the industrial/noise side of things.

It shouldn't have taken twenty-odd posts to mention Throbbing Gristle in an Industrial thread. They did invent the genre after all!
    GrewSome wrote: »
    On the industrial goth side does anyone remember Einsturzende Neubaten or Alien Sex Fiend?? Big Bauhaus fan BTW.

Alien Sex Fiend are ****ing dreadful (although to be honest, most of the bands listed in this thread are. Death Stars, WTF!) but Neubauten are still one of the best and innovative bands on the planet who have moved far from industrial music. I'm going to see them next week in London, can't wait. Seventh time to see them (and the fifth city I'll have seen them in).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spacebarbiek8

malice_ wrote: »
    If by "cool fairly unusual like" you mean "boring, insipid, uninspiring and just plain dull" then yes, I agree with you :). I have one of their albums at home and I can't believe a record company put up the money to have them record the album in a studio. The vocalist can't hold a note when she sings and when she growls she just sounds pathetic. The music they write is slow-paced, generic tripe! There's also nothing industrial or alternative metal about them either. I suppose their goth because they wear dark clothes and too much makeup?

And just in case you think I'm attacking them because they're women, far from it. Even just on this thread alone you can check out far better female vocalists. Check out Brittany Bindrim from I:Scintilla or Chibi from The Birthday Massacre for a start.

well i understand if you dont like them everyone has different taste and i respect that but personally i like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hot4teacher

KMFDM
    The Newlydeads
    Skinny Puppy
    Stabbing Westward
    Shoutgun Messiah (last album)
    Skold
    Rob Zombie
    Ministry
    Fear Factory
    Nine Inch Nails

spring to mind. There are loads of torrents to see what you like, on the net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

well i understand if you dont like them everyone has different taste and i respect that but personally i like them.
    Fair enough, each to their own and all that but seriously, whatever you like about Kittie, there are many other bands doing it far better.
    KMFDM
    The Newlydeads
    Skinny Puppy
    Stabbing Westward
    Shoutgun Messiah (last album)
    Skold
    Rob Zombie
    Ministry
    Fear Factory
    Nine Inch Nails

spring to mind. There are loads of torrents to see what you like, on the net
    There's no need to bring illegal downloads into it. Every single one of the bands you listed has a MySpace page where their music can be listened to legally for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarr

3 pages and no mention of Godflesh and Die Krupps... tut tut.
    I thought NIN would get more mentions too...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Although not labelled "goth" or anything of the like, novembre's "the blue" album is very dark and musically it just blows me away. Its filled with passion. Aweseome stuff.
    There are alot of "goth" etc bands which really just sound rubbish. However when a band plays dark sounding music and are genuine and put so much of themselves into the music it really can be something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GrewSome

John, i agree about Neubauten but only had one 'tape' of theirs for years it was Haus der Luge and it was taped from my mates brothers album.
    Now with the internet i can access their stuff as soon as i want to (I think I'm showing my age here , although i have to add i was only 13 when it was released.) very small window 'the tape generation'

• Registered Users Posts: 34 djvext

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new VNV Nation album will be out in June, called Of Faith, Power and Glory.

Really looking forward to it!! They will be playing Ireland sometime this year, date to be confirmed.

Recommendations?

Stuff I like this year so far:

Wumpscut - ****it
    Apoptygma Berzerk - Rocket Science
    Combichrist - Today We are all Demons
    V2A - Mechanized Infantry
    Uberbyte - DOS
    Skold Vs KMFDM
    Prometheus Burning - Plague Called Humanity
    Magenta - Art & Accidents

..to name but a few.

Not interested in turning this into what is industrial, what isn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement