Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive city center?

Options
  • 31-03-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Do you know if there's anywhere in Limerick city center that I could pick up a hard drive at lunch time? I know Maplin and PC world, but was just wondering if there was anywhere in the city center as i wouldn't have time to get out Maplin.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a computer shop (I believe) on Parnell Street (the street where the station is) at the top of Roches St. Never been in there (and not sure if its still open!). MCS maybe?

There is a place called The PC Center on Henry Street. Again, I haven't been that way for a while, so I don't know if its still there.

You're going to pay a premium in those shops (compared to maplins/PCW), so buyer beware.

Dixons should have a selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Mr E wrote: »
    There is a computer shop (I believe) on Parnell Street (the street where the station is) at the top of Roches St. Never been in there (and not sure if its still open!). MCS maybe?

There is a place called The PC Center on Henry Street. Again, I haven't been that way for a while, so I don't know if its still there.

You're going to pay a premium in those shops (compared to maplins/PCW), so buyer beware.

Dixons should have a selection too.

Cheers for that. Ya forgot about MCS. I know i'll be paying more but it won't be coming out of my pocket and its a bit of an emergency!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bit late, but dixons maybe? Or argos. Not sure if they only have externals though..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I mentioned Dixons earlier.
    Argos only have externals, I checked.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Read Mark, then post. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

Tinytony wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Do you know if there's anywhere in Limerick city center that I could pick up a hard drive at lunch time? I know Maplin and PC world, but was just wondering if there was anywhere in the city center as i wouldn't have time to get out Maplin.

Thanks.

Sh!t hitting the fan already????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

For future ref - when you have time, a handy tip is www.limerickcomputers.com . he is on the road down to Aldi up a boreen opposite GAA Munster council house.

Has most stuff and prices were good. Item I wanted was one quarter price of PC world, which is mere metres away. Shocking.

Advertisement