Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which cable for monitor connection.

• 31-03-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Which is better to connect the 360 to a monitor and output sound to a 5.1 amp.

1. The hdmi cable (the one that comes with the elite with the audio cables) with a hdmi to DVI converter connected.

Or

2. The 360 to vga cable that you have to buy separately.

My monitor has both DVI and VGA inputs.

Does any one know if either of the above cables have an optical out on them for the 5.1?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Not familiar with the elite DVI cable, but the VGA has optical 5.1 and RCA audio. I got a MS one for €15 second hand at gamestop. Fine image on my 22" hp (although I can't jack up the resolution as much as I'd like).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Thanks for that wingnut, I went for the hdmi to dvi converter in the end and used the optical out for 5.1 so I'm happy out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I ordered a HDMI to DVI convertor for mine, but to be honest it so much hassle setting up the sound when you use a HDMI cable (you have to get a slim connector or crack open the original xbox one) I'm going to stick with VGA.

I think microsoft designes everything that way to squeeze money out of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

wingnut wrote: »
    I ordered a HDMI to DVI convertor for mine, but to be honest it so much hassle setting up the sound when you use a HDMI cable (you have to get a slim connector or crack open the original xbox one) I'm going to stick with VGA.

I think microsoft designes everything that way to squeeze money out of us.

I was lucky I had a premium for a couple of hours (till I discovered that I would have to crack open the connector to use the hdmi slot) but I managed to swap it for an elite with the slim one. phew ! :D

Advertisement