Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest Staff member in UCD

Options
  • 31-03-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

I went into the Health Sciences library this morning and approached the counter. The grumpiest guy I have ever met stood with his back to me looking at the ceiling and actually shouted at me 'what the hell do you want?'.
    I witheld the primal urge to jump the counter and rip his head off as turns out I am far more restrained that I would have thought.
    Obviously a bit taken aback, I said 'excuse me?' He then shouted again, 'service doesn't start until 9!'
    I just said 'yeah mate, nice one' and walked off but what an absolute muppet.
    I'd complain to someone in there if I thought it would make a difference, but that would be unlikely.
    Some of these guys wouldn't last a week in a real job.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's a bit much - rudeness is never the answer.

I have often felt like writing a letter to Insomnia to complain about two particular individuals who are bad mannered, have a poor demeanor and do not practice customer service in any way. It is such a pity that one of their best and pleasant staff members is never on the tills as it such a pleasure the odd time she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I also have a complaint against two individuals serving food in the Student Bar. On two occasions when I've noticed that the chicken as part of the main dish was slightly undercooked. I as you would brought it up to the register to raise this with these individuals.

The first occasion was not so fine with one individual smiling and turning his back on me. They gave me a refund.

The second occasion was really bad, with the two of them shouting at me and me shouting back at them saying that they aren't cooking the chicken properly. They were saying that it wasn't the 'first time' and I retorted saying that its the second time its happened. Both of them implied that I was trying to scam refunds to the main bar staff member. But I got my refund in the end.

In all future occasion that I decide to have food there I will have either chips and chicken goujons or the la carte menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Has to be the blode-ish Eastern european woman in her 40's that works in the Grind sandwich bar - I also see her the the sports bar cafe from time to time. The look of disgust on her face as she serves is horrendous.

I found that a lot of the UCD staff are very rude - definitely jealously!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

The dark haired woman who works in the vet canteen is the rudest person I have ever met - a grunt is polite for her ! You're lucky if your tea isnt scalded over you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Zamboni wrote: »
    I went into the Healkth Sciences library this morning and approached the counter. The grumpiest guy I have ever met stood with his back to me looking at the ceiling and actually shouted at me 'what the hell do you want?'.
    I witheld the primal urge to jump the counter and rip his head off as turns out I am far more restrained that I would have thought.
    Obviously a bit taken aback, I said 'excuse me?' He then shouted again, 'service doesn't start until 9!'
    I'd complain to someone in there if I thought it would make a difference, but that would be unlikely.

Which health science guy was that? I usually find the staff in the health science library quite pleasent to deal with, apart from 2 times, first was when the toilet roll ran out in the disabled toilet and I went up to the counter looking for toilet roll... your man went mad saying that I couldn't use that toilet!! In fairness I see where he was coming from. And the second was when I was looking to book a group study room and went to the desk on the second floor at about 1:57, the woman sitting at the desk said that she is on a break until 2 and continued to read her book with me standing in front of her for 3 minutes... ignorant b1tch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

I went into the Healkth Sciences library this morning and approached the counter. The grumpiest guy I have ever met stood with his back to me looking at the ceiling and actually shouted at me 'what the hell do you want?'.

Definitely email the head librarian in the Health Sciences library, they take these complaints seriously.

Yea the 911 staff are fairly passive agressive, I imagine they get paid one shiny penny an hour though so I don't take it personally.

I find that "Careers Services" are very bad at responding to emails and sending out promised information they need to get their act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

It's been a while since i've eaten there but nearly all the staff in the main restaurant, especially back when down stairs was open were really rude and annoying. even when it came to simple things like taking two cups for coffee because its servied at 15million degrees and they dont give u those little cup holders, the elderly lady at the checkout told me she was gonna charge me for two coffees because i'd taken two cups, one sitting inside the other. I took the coffee off my tray and said, i'm not paying for either, gave her the cash for my food and walked off. They're particularly narky if you dont clean ur table, even if its an honest mistake.

One of the guys in arts services, the tall guy with the glasses is really unhelpful. In fact quite a few of the arts services people are less than helpful. One who is really nice is the elderly gent, always found him to be sound as pound.

speaking of good staff, i've found quinn services, particularly the girl with the glasses to be really helpful.

oh, and i'm not a big fan of the baldy guy in the Kiosk either. not so much coz he's rude but just general demenour.

I'm sure i'll think of more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

welcome to irish customer service tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Defo the dark hair lady in Arts who you have to book the desks with.

MOD EDIT: *random person*in the Quinn School a close second.

Mod: Do not name anyone again or I will ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Keep naming and shaming.................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The grumpiest guy I have ever met...

Was that the big guy with dark, curly hair and glasses? That guy is an arrogant c***. I've had quite a few run ins with him....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Blonde one in 911. Looks evil and gives evil glares. Mean woman

The best has got to me your man in Admin. He's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Librocop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Breezer wrote: »
    Librocop! :D

+1 LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

I have to be honest and say I've never had any bad encounters with any staff in UCD...looks like I'm one of very few. I'm quite shocked....hmmmm.

I'm going to be on the look-out for all the grumpy gits now tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ucdgal

oh yeah that blonde girl in 911 . shes very ignorant. would almost put you off going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Alot of the staff in 911 are just rude as f*ck. However if I were working there full time earning minimum wage and serving snotty rich kids all day, I probably wouldn't be very chirpy either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

That dude in the bike shop can either be really friendly or rude as hell. I have a feeling he tosses a coin when you come in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I wouldn't say all of them are bad in 911. In 3 years of being in UCD I have come across one nice one...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im sorry but i have to agree that 911 staff are awful. I have often considered complaining to 911 head office regarding the state of food/coffee but always being snorted at when you "have nothing smaller" to pay with, or ask for a coffee... its a painful necessity when its the only place open but i try not to go there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Following some complaints I got in an email earlier today, I have had to delete a number of posts in this thread and hand out a few bans. You should all have known better, and I can't see myself lifting these any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Bah, Raphael you're too fast, I keep missing all the dirt in these forums! :D

Maybe raphel we should know who the e-mail originator was (i.e. the SU president, corporate management of chains or whatnot). There seems to be an attitude of crying foul at boards.ie from quangos in UCD's administration who like writing e-mails to silence things. At least then we would know who has complained without the offending posts being online and libellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Raphael wrote: »
    Following some complaints I got in an email earlier today, I have had to delete a number of posts in this thread and hand out a few bans. You should all have known better, and I can't see myself lifting these any time soon.
    Hey Raphael, I had a genuine bad experience and felt the need to post in the OP. I can understand the way this thread could lose the run of itself and do I agree that names or descriptions of people should not be posted.

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Bah, Raphael you're too fast, I keep missing all the dirt in these forums! :D

Heh, just doing my job.
    Red Alert wrote: »
    Maybe raphel we should know who the e-mail originator was (i.e. the SU president, corporate management of chains or whatnot). There seems to be an attitude of crying foul at boards.ie from quangos in UCD's administration who like writing e-mails to silence things. At least then we would know who has complained without the offending posts being online and libellous.

I've been advised by the admins not to do this, let;s just say it was someone who was well within their rights to send it
    Hey Raphael, I had a genuine bad experience and felt the need to post in the OP. I can understand the way this thread could lose the run of itself and do I agree that names or descriptions of people should not be posted.

That's fine, just so long as it;s not bad enough to evoke as many external complaints as the 911 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I cant believe this im shocked and appauled. Raph used to be cool but I seen Dr Brady going into an empty room under the arts block and Raph coming out. Im exceptionally angry at not being able to voice my opinion of poor service in UCD, especially as it costs me 4500 a year and now that our moderator has taken to carrying the torch for representing the administration on this forum ! I have been marching around the student center today campaigning for the resignation of our mods. I have sent a strongly worded letter to Dr Brady, Martin Bulter, Richard Butler, Head of Services, Head of the Arts cafe and that lady who hoovers the trap at 9pm ! Outraged.

may not actually be true

I am too Raph, I'm sorry to say. I wholeheartedly agree with everything Grimes has written.

Nobody or no business in the college should be above rational and truthful complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Nobody or no business in the college should be above rational and truthful complaints.

Made through the appropriate channels I'm sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I am too Raph, I'm sorry to say. I wholeheartedly agree with everything Grimes has written.

If you have a complaint, then YOU make it. By posting it here Boards.ie is making it, and has to stand by it.

• Advertisement

Look, if you have a complaint about the way the forum is being run, take it to Feedback. This isn't the place to air them.

Advertisement