Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest Staff member in UCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This has gone on long enough.

I find it mildly depressing that my April Fools joke on the forum of posting a deliberately excessive reaction to something was greeted with acceptance and debate. DO you all really think so little of me?

=(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Alot of the staff in 911 are just rude as f*ck. However if I were working there full time earning minimum wage and serving snotty rich kids all day, I probably wouldn't be very chirpy either!

I'm not rich :(

And I get minimum wage too, I don't blame the customers though. If it wasn't for the customers I wouldn't have a job!!!

A smile would be nice, not just in UCD but anywhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Raphael wrote: »
    I find it mildly depressing that my April Fools joke on the forum of posting a deliberately excessive reaction to something was greeted with acceptance and debate. DO you all really think so little of me?

=(
    Oops :o

Well I got banned yesterday for sticking up for UCD, or so it seemed for a very short period of time, and then over on the Mac forum someone actually got perma site banned by the Admins, so at least I've an excuse for being paranoid :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I always am amused by them, I remember one sunday morning seeing the staff refuse to sell a guy a roll they had made for him because he only had a 20e note.

Rudest staff member? Nah, we don't do rude, that'd be a trinity affair.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I always am amused by them, I remember one sunday morning seeing the staff refuse to sell a guy a roll they had made for him because he only had a 20e note.

That is unbelievable . What I love though is when there is a cue for coffee and none for food and food guy wont help out coffee guy because food guy just does food.

End of the day i do whatever I can to avoid 911 but a decent coffee shop would really turn that area of campus into a social hub.

ps: P*Monster : id love to complain about 911 to its manger but i have never met one there nor have been able to find contact details for one. If I do ill be sending a list of complaints on because im quite tired of feeling apologetic for asking for a doughnut to go with my coffee. And remember we all have degraging jobs, I was a coffee shop manager for 2 years so I think im qualified to complain about 911

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 derek.deane

yeah 911 is definately the pits. I try to avoid the place as much as possible but made the mistake of going in there today at a minute to 3 and looking for a roll. There must have been a change in shift as girl on food counter disappeared at 3 on the button. There were 5 people queing here at this stage and no-one serving. there were 2 plonkers standing at the juice bar peeling apples, 2 sulky looking yokes standing at the tills and coffee machines serving no-one. couple of minutes later someone resembling Jack Nicholson at the end of the cuckoos nest appears on the food counter. Don't know why they have such things as Chilli sausage roll or whatever it is up on the menu cos they still ask you what you want in it and just make a balls of it anyway. There's something deeply depressing about that place, if there's anywhere on campus going to be haunted in 100 years time i'd say that's the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

couple of minutes later someone resembling Jack Nicholson at the end of the cuckoos nest appears on the food counter.

Did he say anything like -"I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this" or "Is that crazy enough for ya'? Want me to take a **** on the floor? ":p

On another note Career services don't reply to emails and are bad at sending out promised information,in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

all this talk about 911 is angering me.. when will people realise the place is a total sh!thole? if you want a quality roll or sandwhich in ucd, head to obriens, the grind or the sandwhich bar on the ground level of the ucd restaurant... (we call it roly's :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

all this talk about 911 is angering me.. when will people realise the place is a total sh!thole? if you want a quality roll or sandwhich in ucd, head to obriens, the grind or the sandwhich bar on the ground level of the ucd restaurant... (we call it roly's :))
    And if you want one before next week, scratch O'Brien's off that list. I can't fault The Grind. Sure, the woman is a little intimidating to put it mildly, but the selection is good, the food fresh, the service fast and the price cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

no complaint at all in UCD for me,i think they are fine,maybe not great ,but not rude either.

HOWEVER,i hate to talk or deal with the manager of the Elements,while i also feel that many of the stuffs in the elements dont really 'respect' the customer that much.it's just a feeling ,like they way they ask and talk ,their voice ,facial expression etc.i dunno,maybe it is the most restaurant-liked restaurant in UCD,i expect more...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 spikslow

I have very rarely had any bad experiences with UCD staff. In fact, I have always found them to be very friendly (if a little disarrayed).

On the other hand, I've always found the Trinity staff to be passive aggressive at best. Some of them are just looking for a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ucdgimp

I think we are getting of the point, incompetent staff and rude staff are different
    Incompetent staff could be a new tread but would run into the hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Breezer wrote: »
    And if you want one before next week, scratch O'Brien's off that list. I can't fault The Grind. Sure, the woman is a little intimidating to put it mildly, but the selection is good, the food fresh, the service fast and the price cheap.

Up until recently I had no complaints to make about the Grind; that is until I found out that the reason the roll I was eating on that day was so cold, was because the
    chicken in it was completely frozen. Each piece was covered in ice. After complaining the lady at the counter pretty much just told me where to go! :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

At least it does mean that it was stored well - i'd be more worried personally if all the toppings were lukwarm. Yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Ya they freaked when I handed them a 50 last Sunday too... had to give me my change in 5's and then when the guy handed over a 10, she was like "have you got anything smaller"... scowled major time

And I hate coffee guy in 911. Its so freaking annoying when you've already spent ages queuing for a sandwich and then you gotta spend ages waiting to pay cos everyone wants a mocha latte with their sambo...:mad:

Out of interest, does anyone know when the tenancy for 911 is up? I'd love to try and get them booted out and have something better put in.

I can't understand why the staff are so moody there... are students really that bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 squiggles32

The obviously unloved toe rag who served me the other day in the main restaurant was particularly red arsed to me in this instance. I bought the student special with a cup of coffee. As I approached the cashier to pay for my meal I was thrown back by the sheer attitude this mongrel displayed. She accused me of using the wrong cups for my coffee and questioned where did I get my extra chicken wings. Unless the capper did not realise after 20 years of service, I am not the one who prepares the plate of food, I am just the recipient. She charged me an extra 50c which I wznt bovved about. I only assume this woman is single and possibly suffered through out the years from her inability to produce children. A few days later she acted the maggot again to a fellow mate. Just letting the boi's up in boards.ie know that I am going to get this lonely cow back so hard, shes never going to forget the name John Gleeson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I love 911:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

911 is awful. Went in on Saturday and they stocked up the rolls while we were waiting, from a cardboard box. Then the servers were pretty agressive when serving us. On top of that the rolls were stale and the lettuce was brown.

4.60 for the pleasure of a vile roll. Whatever about it being Saturday, theres still no excuse for awful food/service and rolls from a cardboard box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

911 is awful. Went in on Saturday and they stocked up the rolls while we were waiting, from a cardboard box. Then the servers were pretty agressive when serving us. On top of that the rolls were stale and the lettuce was brown.

4.60 for the pleasure of a vile roll. Whatever about it being Saturday, theres still no excuse for awful food/service and rolls from a cardboard box.

Their food is a bit crap and expensive, but I've never had anything but great service in there. They have always been friendly and chatty with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Their food is a bit crap and expensive, but I've never had anything but great service in there. They have always been friendly and chatty with me.

911 is awful. The food is borderline disgraceful. Its always stale. I try not to eat there and this week I've decided to avoid it for my remaining time in UCD. The staff are also incredibly rude. Beyond a joke.

Last year I was walking through the car park at the Vet building when a RentoKill van rolls up and asks me "Any idea where the 911 shop is?" I wouldn't mind but I've seen them in again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Why would you give them your custom so??
    If I had brown lettuce I'd be straight back in to complain to the manager and demand a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I ordered a chicken fillet roll in 911 once, and I opened my wallet and only had a 50 euro note, so I handed it over, "No. Smaller" was what the Polish chap said. I showed him my now empty wallet and apologised for the inconvienience. He stood there looking at me, and then shouted "NO! IS 5 EURO, YOU NO PAY 50 EURO!" I was stunned. Its not like I was paying with £50 sterling for ****s sake. I said, "Sorry, but thats all I have, you can keep the roll if you want." and he said something in Polish, im guessing it wasnt nice. He folded his arms and did nothing for about 30 seconds. I went to leave and he then turned around, opened the safe with a key from his belt, took out two €20 notes and gave me my change, which he dropped on the counter and then stormed off. I was in absolute disbelief, and i have never stepped foot back in there since. Now I buy my rolls in Centra, which is about €1.50 cheaper and the people who serve the rolls are really nice and are great for a laugh.

btw, how was this thread ressurected after over 2 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I ordered a chicken fillet roll in 911 once, and I opened my wallet and only had a 50 euro note, so I handed it over, "No. Smaller" was what the Polish chap said. I showed him my now empty wallet and apologised for the inconvienience. He stood there looking at me, and then shouted "NO! IS 5 EURO, YOU NO PAY 50 EURO!" I was stunned. Its not like I was paying with £50 sterling for ****s sake. I said, "Sorry, but thats all I have, you can keep the roll if you want." and he said something in Polish, im guessing it wasnt nice. He folded his arms and did nothing for about 30 seconds. I went to leave and he then turned around, opened the safe with a key from his belt, took out two €20 notes and gave me my change, which he dropped on the counter and then stormed off. I was in absolute disbelief, and i have never stepped foot back in there since. Now I buy my rolls in Centra, which is about €1.50 cheaper and the people who serve the rolls are really nice and are great for a laugh.

That's a fcking disgrace....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

That's a fcking disgrace....

I know .. two years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Grimes wrote: »
    I know .. two years!

Unbelievable isn't it:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

It's still fresh... like a 911 roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Why would you give them your custom so??
    If I had brown lettuce I'd be straight back in to complain to the manager and demand a refund.

Its sort of awkward when your with a gang of mates "Sorry lads, I object to eating here so lets trek to the Grind, Centra etc" Out of choice, I won't eat there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I agree that their food is poo, but I have only ever had very nice service from the people who work there. Just my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Here's their email address if you want to complain properly : nineoneone@nineoneone.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Totally agree with this, the girls working there always slag me coz I only ever have one thing on my roll when my friends are getting loads, its all in good fun of course. Also the woman working at the till seems to be in a great mood all of the time, really nice staff up there

Advertisement