Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rammstein, whats the general opinion on this group?

• 31-03-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I played a couple of tracks from their Mutter album at a rock night on Saturday and they went down like a led Baloon, "get that German crap off etc" had to quickly fade them out. Is there any Rammstein fans out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Good god, I can't imagine when Rammstein wouldn't go down well, terrific band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I likey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would normally follow them after something from Metallica, I believed they backed up Metallica at a few gigs. Have two of their albums although my favourite is the Mutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Good songs and good cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

SUPER SUPER Band ............. incredible live shows also!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 an_dorchadas

I love them ... LOOOOVE THEM!! Absolutely love them. And so to sum up...they're fabulous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cool band and the video For Keine Lust is quality.
    The song kicks ass too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Ah they're a great band. I usually go through periods of listening to them. Which is good cause I dont get tired of them.

I'd love to see them live! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ven0m wrote: »
    SUPER SUPER Band ............. incredible live shows also!!!!!

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Rammstein are great. I can't believe they didn't go down well at a rock night, I love it when I hear Rammstein in a pub. It usually gets people jumping.

I'd love to see them live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Feckin great band. I have all their albums.

I found that a lot of Germans don't like them. Some even said that they're music "sounds" very Pro-Nazi :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

listened to them today for the first time in about 6 months and i was blown away all over again.Mutter is such a good album.every song on it is pure quality.

its one of the few albums that i could just listen to every song over and over again and not get tired of them in any way.

its also cool cause i understand the majority of what they're saying :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I played a couple of tracks from their Mutter album at a rock night on Saturday and they went down like a led Baloon, "get that German crap off etc" had to quickly fade them out. Is there any Rammstein fans out there?
    I quite like Rammestein myself and most rock/metal fans I know like them as well so I'm surprised they got such a hostile reception. Out of curiousity, what did you play that the crowd liked?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have Mutter, Rosenrot and recently got Sehnsucht. Mutter and Rosenrot are seriously class albums. Sehnsucht is a much different style but i like, havent listened to it enough to make up my mind on it yet.

But anyway, yea, Rammstein are deadly :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

savage band,must have been a seriously tough crowd for that not to down well:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Excellent band - really love them. One of the only bands I like that I haven't seen live yet, really wish they'd play one of the festivals..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

lord lucan wrote: »
    savage band,must have been a seriously tough crowd for that not to down well:confused:
    Maiden, AC/DC and Metallica die hards. Even anything relativly fresh from Maiden like "Fear of the Dark" or stuff from Metallicas "St Anger" album (I would consider not great myself) would also not go down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

sounds like they needed educating but wouldn't listen. any of the st. anger stuff would be too long for a rock night but i don't get why they wouldn't like rammstein,most metal fans i know love them:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Maiden, AC/DC and Metallica die hards. Even anything relativly fresh from Maiden like "Fear of the Dark" or stuff from Metallicas "St Anger" album (I would consider not great myself) would also not go down well.

i hate people like that. they don't like music... they like the "style"... or whatever. morons.

as for rammstein, stunning example of a band. it's rare that every single album from a band is pure gold..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Have heard a lot of their stuff over the years and have liked it, but never got round to buying any of their albums :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

A few words on this band...
    'DU...DU HAST...DU HAST MEICH!'

I love em! A guilty pleasure if you like. Also, that riff in 'Sonne' just crushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Ich will, Mutter are great songs!
    Ramstein rock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Idiots, Rammstein are fooking awesome, Mutter is an amazing album

orestes wrote: »
    Idiots, Rammstein are fooking awesome, Mutter is an amazing album

What are you scuttering on about? I've seen nothing but praise in this thread so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I meant the people who complained to the op about playing Rammstein, that's who I was calling idiots, sorry for not being clearer

Ah right, I get you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Great band! I don't know much of their stuff but what I've heard thus far I've enjoyed.

And just to show how awesome they can be: Feuer Frei - LEGO style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I have much, much love for rammstein!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Truly Amazing.
    I have much love and respect for the band and would love to see them play here. Some chance of that!!!

They are amazing live, you could try showing your crowd some of the Volkerball DVD. If that doesnt change their mind I give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I can't believe a bunch of so-called metal fans don't like Rammstein. I'm a fan of older metal myself and I came across Rammstein by accident and I think they're brilliant, some crushingly heavy riffs.

Mutter and Reise, Reise are brilliant albums and Volkerball is an amazing live DVD. I will definitely travel to see them in Europe when they tour next, I reckon.

Advertisement