Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rammstein, whats the general opinion on this group?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

blastman wrote: »
    I can't believe a bunch of so-called metal fans don't like Rammstein. I'm a fan of older metal myself and I came across Rammstein by accident and I think they're brilliant, some crushingly heavy riffs.

Mutter and Reise, Reise are brilliant albums and Volkerball is an amazing live DVD. I will definitely travel to see them in Europe when they tour next, I reckon.

RAMMSTEIN I am sure is german or something for 'The Dogs B*****ks' ....... cos they are soooooo good ..... I mean

I mean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk06_ll_vgo - tell me this track is not sledgehammer to your balls heavy!!!!!!!! I mean WHAT a band ..... wish they'd play Ireland, otherwise I'm gonna have to make do with bootleg DVD's of live shows .........

Or even tracks like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wn5TYgCPUo :-o

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

KTRIC wrote: »
    Feckin great band. I have all their albums.

I found that a lot of Germans don't like them. Some even said that they're music "sounds" very Pro-Nazi :confused:

I found the same, most Germans don't like them. The reason most gave was that the lyrics were awful. The fact that I can understand a fair bit of their stuff probably means they could have a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Blackthorn1011

I really dont understand how people who listen to Metallica & Maiden etc could turn around and give out about Ramnstein being played. They've such a great crushing sound.

I love them, and i'm not even a big fan of metal anymore but would listen to them anyday.

Wasnt a fan of their version of Barbie Girl though....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I found the same, most Germans don't like them. The reason most gave was that the lyrics were awful. The fact that I can understand a fair bit of their stuff probably means they could have a point.

In my experience they seem to paly HUGE vanues all across Europe.

What I love about them is that they don't seem to write filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The majority of people who are going to reply to this are going to like them aren't they. I'm surprised a heavy rock crowd didn't like them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I'm a very big fan, I wouldn't listen to them all the time but it's always a joy to come back to any of their albums.

Their lyrics are actually very clever a lot of the time, I'd say. Very witty commentary and wonderful word play.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I think they're one of the most consistant bands in recent history... no major dip in the quality of their music...
    I do like them, and reading through this thread makes me want to listen to them, so I will :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Wow i cant believe the reaction you got, Rammstien are pure class, keep on playin it, dont mind the die hard tools, theyre probarbly still wearing skin-tight jeans and ripped iron maiden t-shirts and live in 1989... (in their parents house):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

They are one of those bands that you don't even have to be a metal fan to like. That crowd were idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm not a metal fan bu any means but I love Rammstein. Their live album is one of the best I've ever heard. Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

ven0m wrote: »
    RAMMSTEIN I am sure is german or something for 'The Dogs B*****ks' ....... cos they are soooooo good ..... I mean

I mean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk06_ll_vgo - tell me this track is not sledgehammer to your balls heavy!!!!!!!! I mean WHAT a band ..... wish they'd play Ireland, otherwise I'm gonna have to make do with bootleg DVD's of live shows .........

Or even tracks like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wn5TYgCPUo :-o

:::: ven0mous ::::

Rammstein literally means battering ram made out of stone
    "we're all living in Amerikaaaaaaa......Amerikaaaa ist wunderbar"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Where is this pub/venue located - name and shame the fools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I find them boring, but whatever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I love them too but German friends of mine hate them because if the lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have several german friends and they all say the same , in that they consider them racist, even the ones big into metal wont touch them
    for that reason and then there is the BIG truth in that the lyrics are
    pure sh**e. One friend told me that many of the lyrics are lifed from
    stories and poems etc I dont speek german at all so i can continue to
    enjoy them in blissfull ignorance :D

Racist? I've read the lyrics to pretty much all of their songs, and know most of them from the last few albums, and there is nothing racist about them. They specifically wrote a song in response to being called Nazis, or the various right wing accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

seems like a pretty lazy accusation to make against the band saying they are racist/nazis etc just because they are german and type of music they make, a lot of their songs are bascially love songs,if dark ones at that! if anyone has any proof (lyrics, statements etc) that back up these claims of racism etc do post them, am definitely a fan of the band, would love to see them live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

seems like a pretty lazy accusation to make against the band saying they are racist/nazis etc just because they are german and type of music they make, a lot of their songs are bascially love songs,if dark ones at that! if anyone has any proof (lyrics, statements etc) that back up these claims of racism etc do post them
    Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well I think U2s lyrics are crap.

That doesn't make it so.
    Whatsmore, they sold out the Wuhlheide stadium in Berlin four nights in a row.
    That's impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wow I've always loved Rammstein but felt I was in the minority, happy to see I'm not!

Have all there work and Sonne is still my fave song... top class vid to boot!
    (the unedited one is better :) )

Rock on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Billy the Kid98

Great band. I love them but they are abit much at times. Once when around some indie mates i had my ipod on shuffle and "Vere all living in America" came on and was met with howls of laughter.
    I got quite embarrassed

Indie music is more embarrassing tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Indie music is more embarrassing tbh

wacca wacca :)

just to add yet another "approval" of Rammstein to the list of names!
    Basically the audience of your night seemed to be the sort who just wanted to be able to listen to tracks they knew all the words and music to so they could look cool etc. cos its all about looking cool when your a fan of iron maiden :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

Great band. I love them but they are abit much at times. Once when around some indie mates i had my ipod on shuffle and "Vere all living in America" came on and was met with howls of laughter.
    I got quite embarrassed

Thats the great thing about rammstein, been a bit over the top, puts a bit of spectacle back into rock shows, would anyone other group do what they do when performing Buch Dich:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Dreamsphere

i saw this band live in london a few years back and it fantastic!! they put on an amazing show, its all fire! i was up in the balcony and could still feel the heat from the stage. i have most their albums and would defo go see them live again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

I found that a lot of Germans don't like them. Some even said that they're music "sounds" very Pro-Nazi :confused:

big big big mistake! rammstein have absolutly nothing to do with some pro nazi issues. but you`re right if you say "some" germans don`t like them because rammstein sounds like a nazi band.
    a reason for that is because till lindemann is singing the "R" very specially, like "RRRRRRRammstein". And that is what adolf hitler did as well. but adolf hitler was from austria and loads of people in austria AND in south germany (bavaria) have that special dialekt. so, that is a question of a language, not of a nazi propaganda. and THAT is what some german people dont understand.

1. Fc Köln!!!

oh, adolf hitler was not singing "RRRRRRRammstein". he just spokes the R like RRRRR. you know what i mean..;)

1. Fc Köln!!!

kölle alaaf juchee! yeah. du auch?

• Advertisement

Kanzler wrote: »
    big big big mistake! rammstein have absolutly nothing to do with some pro nazi issues. but you`re right if you say "some" germans don`t like them because rammstein sounds like a nazi band.
    a reason for that is because till lindemann is singing the "R" very specially, like "RRRRRRRammstein". And that is what adolf hitler did as well. but adolf hitler was from austria and loads of people in austria AND in south germany (bavaria) have that special dialekt. so, that is a question of a language, not of a nazi propaganda. and THAT is what some german people dont understand.

But Till is from Berlin. Not near Austria or Bavaria.

Advertisement