Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rammstein, whats the general opinion on this group?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

I saw them live in Brixton Academy in 2001. It was awesome. I saw them again at the same venue in 2005 and there was far too much emphasis on theatrics. Volkerball got me humming again, so here's to the 2009 tour!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hiaba

Hi,
    I'm from Germany and I think Rammstein is ok, but I like Oomph better.
    Rammstein is influenced by Oomph, but Oomph is a little bit more gothic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hiaba wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm from Germany and I think Rammstein is ok, but I like Oomph better.
    Rammstein is influenced by Oomph, but Oomph is a little bit more gothic.

Now there's a good band. ;)

Have to say, I prefer Rammstein myself, but Oomph certainly came out with one of the coolest music videos ever:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Rammstein are a brilliant, very industrial band. Also very uplifting band as their music is quite varied. Elements of Rock, Gothic and the use of synthesizers I find to terrific combinations. Can't wait to get my hands on The Volkerball DVD and they have a sixth studio album currently in the studio scheduled to be released late 2008/early 2009, which they will be touring for. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

Rammstein are an awesome band! I love Herzeleid and Sehnsucht for their straight ahead 'four to the floor' beat and then, as the band evolved and changed, the more expansive and dynamic songs on Reise, Reise and Rosenrot. Aside from their music, they make great videos which are full of humour too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hiaba

Just as a question - are you only interested in the sound or in the texts as well, because I don't like musik, which texts I don't understand and I don't think that you all speak German, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

Just as a question - are you only interested in the sound or in the texts as well, because I don't like musik, which texts I don't understand and I don't think that you all speak German, do you?

I was drawn in by their music to begin with. I don't speak German but once I got into them I began to learn what Till was singing about as well as reading translations of the lyrics, which sometimes leave a lot to be desired. He's a great lyricist, especially on a song like 'Ohne Dich'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I found that many of their songs didnt translate properly eg Rosenrot when you entered them on websites, but then with some common sense you could figure out what Rosenrot was.. rosen¦rot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's all about the music for me. I haven't really tried to learn german, that is to say I tried the basics casually, but didn't keep learning. The music is paramount to me, regardless of the text. The way I hear things, it's not what the vocals say, it's the way it's said, as in, the voice is another instrument to me. And that translates to any music I listen to, and as such, songs written in English, I listen to the vocals as an instrument.

The music of Rammstein evoke emtions in me, and that's why I listen to them. I actually prefer not to understand the lyrics because that may lessen the music for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

It's all about the music for me. I haven't really tried to learn german, that is to say I tried the basics casually, but didn't keep learning. The music is paramount to me, regardless of the text. The way I hear things, it's not what the vocals say, it's the way it's said, as in, the voice is another instrument to me. And that translates to any music I listen to, and as such, songs written in English, I listen to the vocals as an instrument.

I was the same but have been learning german for a while.

the lyrics are actually very cleaver (sometimes theyre plain silly though!)

some are quite thought provoking/moving believe it or not :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's all about the music for me. I haven't really tried to learn german, that is to say I tried the basics casually, but didn't keep learning. The music is paramount to me, regardless of the text. The way I hear things, it's not what the vocals say, it's the way it's said, as in, the voice is another instrument to me. And that translates to any music I listen to, and as such, songs written in English, I listen to the vocals as an instrument

Same here - part of the reason why I enjoy a lot of Finnish stuff.

Advertisement