Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ticket touts

Options
  • 31-03-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Has anyone has a bad experience buying tickets from 'tout companies' in the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How can buying from any kind of touts be a good experience? (unless they are asking for face value, which is very rarely)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

sadiew wrote: »
    Has anyone has a bad experience buying tickets from 'tout companies' in the UK?

no but there was an item on watchdog on bbc a few weeks ago about some company in London taking money for tickets for gigs etc. when they didn't have the tickets to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mr E wrote: »
    How can buying from any kind of touts be a good experience? (unless they are asking for face value, which is very rarely)
    He said bad experience, e.g. not getting any tickets.

I have got tickets from www.wonderlandpromotions.co.uk and they were fine. Charged about €5 more than ticketmaster would, they were expensive tickets not sure if price is a % or fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

rubadub wrote: »
    He said bad experience, e.g. not getting any tickets.
    I know, I was just asking the opposite, since buying from touts is usually a bad experience - rip offs etc.

Advertisement