Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good places to meet a future BF??

Options
  • 31-03-2008 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

anybody any ideas??
    bars/clubs...im sick of drunken fools...where did everyone else meet their fellas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mel(",) wrote: »
    anybody any ideas??
    bars/clubs...im sick of drunken fools...where did everyone else meet their fellas??

You think it's the drink that makes us fools?

Hmmm.

You're in for a shock.

Try tesco?

Do a course in somthing that you are interested in. Wright away there will be a common ground with somthing you share.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

met my drunken fool in a club... still hanging round 10 months later :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

ntlbell wrote: »

Try tesco?

No, I got one there once, turned out he was faulty and I tried to return him, but they refused, said I had to return to the manufacturer.
    I was within my rights as due to the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 he was:

Not as described
    Not of merchantible quality
    Not fit for the purpose intended.

I sent him to his mum, but she said the warranty had expired.

All in all, a bad experience.

Should really move this to BGRH since they send their 'Where do I find da wimminz' threads over here, but since the poster asked where did we find ours, its a question for the ladies I suppose.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i found mine on boards, you can have him if you wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say through extra curricular interests such as evening classes, sports clubs etc or through friends or at parties. In fact anywhere except bars and clubs as people tend to be too drunk so the first impression is bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I really couldnt imagine picking a fella up in tesco!! especially any of the ones working there, my two local tescos are full of old men!!!

Id like to meet a man who isnt drunk when i meet him first:D

irishbird wrote: »

Bebo weddings.

The future is bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I havent a bloody clue, if you find the place though let me know!

I really couldnt imagine picking a fella up in tesco!! especially any of the ones working there, my two local tescos are full of old men!!!

Id like to meet a man who isn't drunk when i meet him first:D

Well I was more going for the clooney look a like that likes to cook.

Not a 15yr old spotty kid filling shelves.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Yeah, it's strange.... still can't find a decent bloke!!!!
    I work with Nerds so thats out of it, gym-too sweaty to notice.... pubs/clubs-drunk men!
    where are the men??????????????????????????????

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's strange.... still can't find a decent bloke!!!!
    I work with Nerds so thats out of it, gym-too sweaty to notice.... pubs/clubs-drunk men!
    where are the men??????????????????????????????

Why are nerds out? and why can a nerd not be a man?

Intelligent,bright, sensitive men with lots of spendable income.

I can't think of a better catch. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

They are out there!
    My sisters married 2 great men and plenty of my friends have great blokes ....think I just need to work a bit harder at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I met my fantastic fella in a nite club (cue the shock from some people) and we're still together so I think people need to get over the 'can't meet somebody in a nite club/bar siutation' and start thinking about the kind of people they are attracting and who they are attracted too.

misswex wrote: »
    I met my fantastic fella in a nite club (cue the shock from some people) and we're still together so I think people need to get over the 'can't meet somebody in a nite club/bar siutation' and start thinking about the kind of people they are attracting and who they are attracted too.

It's not that _can't_ of course you _can_ it's just not an ideal situation.

Two morons bladdering about nonsense drunk, it's never a great way to get the ball rolling.

Well I need a decent one!!! Ive had the sh**test 12 months ever and need a good man!!!

I had one and let him go:(

At this rate id even start paying for one!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Agree on the whole nightclub/bar thing. I met my ex through work. My first love, lasted just over a year. Friends first helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Well I need a decent one!!! Ive had the sh**test 12 months ever and need a good man!!!

I had one and let him go:(

At this rate id even start paying for one!!!:D:D

Paying you say. Hmmm :D

Paying you say. Hmmm :D

Yea, for a good relationship only!!can you offer that??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Eh we wlould have to discuss that one!! it all depends on how good he is at things:D

Like putting up shelves?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jimmy Apollo

irishbird wrote: »

Were you not worried that he might be ugly when you first met?

Were you not worried that he might be ugly when you first met?

He's still ugly now that they've met.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Well if all the men you meet in pubs and nightclubs are drunk why not pull them earlier. The last time I was out this girl from denmark pulled my friend at 9pm and said lets go back to mine and make out. I never saw a man move as fast.

If you want a man you better go and get him. Do you think good men fall in your lap?

ntlbell wrote: »
    He's still ugly now that they've met.

Well thats why I was wondering. Anyone could come across as funny, witty and charming on here (and they may well be) but thats no good if an ape or a moose turn up when you actually meet. There has to be some physical attraction. All that looks don't matter is tripe.

Well thats why I was wondering. Anyone could come across as funny, witty and charming on here (and they may well be) but thats no good if an ape or a moose turn up when you actually meet. There has to be some physical attraction. All that looks don't matter is tripe.

Ah no it worked out well for them.

They were both a bit on the moose side.

Princess la la why don't you just ask one of the posters here if they'd like to meet for a drink? Chances are they'll be reasonably sober. God knows what they'll look like but if they lie about there looks before you meet and they are a boot then you can just start a thread lambasting them. That'd be fun for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Chances are they'll be reasonably sober.

You'd think that wouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

OP, are any of your friends taken or are you all single? I met my bf through friends and it seems to be quite common. IMO, clubs is not the best place to meet anyone except for a one night stand.

Check out this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055207471&highlight=meet

This is where all the lay-dees met their other halves.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Lads, take the flirting to pm, and try keep threads on topic.

This is a warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Try online .. i know alot of people who have met their other halves online#, and if that doesnt work you will get lots of friends from it anyway, from different backgrounds, no harm in it and the whole stigma attached to internet dating is almost gone! :) Just a thought!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement