Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good places to meet a future BF??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Silverfish wrote: »
    Lads, take the flirting to pm, and try keep threads on topic.

This is a warning.

Apologies, wasn't trying to derail the thread

On topic, I have met some really great people from boards meet ups, might be no harm to check them out in any forums that are of interest to you

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Were you not worried that he might be ugly when you first met?

well, i meet him at a beers so i knew what he looked like - what a strange question

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Id like to meet a man who isnt drunk when i meet him first:D

Then you'd want to be early on friday at the beers:D

but I meet my GF in college *mubble* years ago. and Although I haven't looked for anything over the years I have never really come across any girls that I would like to date while out with my mates and going to the same places, however I have come across girls that I think would be date able when I am put into more awkward positions where I have to talk to new groups of people so if you are just doing the same thing over and over try things like growing your circle of friends as that will help you get in contact with more potential partners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

jsb wrote: »
    Then you'd want to be early on friday at the beers:D

Cant go:( early start saturday morning:( why oh why do women have to get their hair done before they get married is beyond me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you could go and not drink, you said you'd like to meet a man that's sober, will maybe the same could be said for the man :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jimmy Apollo

irishbird wrote: »
    well, i meet him at a beers so i knew what he looked like - what a strange question

Sorry irishbird my question wasn't meant to be strange, I was just under the impression that you and you future boyfriend got talking on here and then decided to meet hence my earlier question regarding whether you were worried about his looks before you met.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

or you could just go home early. You never know you may meet Mr Right if you go (i.e. one of other LL'ers may know him cause chances are it isn't one of the brothers:D). But as I said it would be an occasion where you could put yourself out there and meet a new group of people with whom who could meet up again and give you all sorts of possibilities that would be different to what you usually do. That or you could just go after the best man on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sorry irishbird my question wasn't meant to be strange, I was just under the impression that you and you future boyfriend got talking on here and then decided to meet hence my earlier question regarding whether you were worried about his looks before you met.

It's the inside that counts. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jimmy Apollo

ntlbell wrote: »
    It's the inside that counts. :o

I wholeheartedly agree but its outside we're initially attracted too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

I wholeheartedly agree but its outside we're initially attracted too!

exactly.
    you cant be with someone you're not attracted to.
    but you also need to get on with them, so it's a mixture.
    but the initial reason any couple starts is generally physical attraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

aye wrote: »
    exactly.
    you cant be with someone you're not attracted to.
    but you also need to get on with them, so it's a mixture.
    but the initial reason any couple starts is generally physical attraction.

So when two dog ugly people start out, they were attracted?

RLY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

ntlbell wrote: »
    So when two dog ugly people start out, they were attracted?

RLY?

ha i hadnt thought of that :)

they were probably just horny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Seriously give online dating a go. I met an ex that way, didn't work out but was a good experience anyway, lots of nice guys in the land of internet dating, I don't see why some people are so ashamed of it.

I met my fella in a bar. Was just a few after work drinks and was early so neither of us were drunk. Don't knock the pubs/clubs, not everyone is off their face in that environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

As i have said a million times before, different people are attracted to different types of people. If you go around looking to meet someone you never will, stop looking enjoy life and someone will find you.

Think this thread has served its purpose!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement