Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga & Pilates in Greystones

Options
  • 31-03-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

Having completed a search of websites locally I am unable to find places that do yoga and pilates within Greystones. I know there were flyers going around but I haven't seen any recently.

So, if anyone knows of some classes going on during the week I would be grateful for your help. They don't have to be any specific form of yoga or pilates. P.S. they're not for me, swear.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I used to go to a girl called Rachel. She's starting new classes and sent me an email. She's really good, but Thursdays is always an awkward day for me. Failing that there's often info about yoga and pilates classes on the library noticeboard.

Regular Classes

Wednesday: Brockagh Rescource Centre, Laragh, Co. Wicklow. 6 week courses starting Wednesday 9th April

Gentle Yoga 7pm – 8pm €60 for 6 weeks

Ashtanga Yoga 8:15pm – 9:45pm €85 for 6 weeks

Thursday: St Patrick’s Worship & Recreation Centre, Church Road, Greystones. 6 week course starting Thursday 10th April

Ashtanga Yoga 8pm – 9:30pm €85 for 6 weeks

New Classes

I am also starting a few new classes which will commence when I have enough people interested:

Tuesday: Beginners Ashtanga Yoga 7pm – 8:15pm in Kilian House Family Centre, La Touche Road, Greystones. €75 for 6 week course

Wednesday: Gentle Yoga 9:45am – 10:45am in Villa Pacis, Putland Road, Bray. €60 for 6 week course

Gentle Yoga is suitable for all including beginners. A gentle class to improve muscle tone, mobility/flexibility & learn to relax & manage stress. Includes breathing, gentle stretching & relaxation.

Ashtanga Yoga is quite a challenging class & suitable for those with a good level of fitness or some experience of yoga. Includes breathing & relaxation techniques.

If you have any queries or would like to book a place on any course please don’t hesitate to email me or call me on 087 3161446.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thanks for that Wingding. I saw her name and number on the yoga ireland website but you would think I'd bother emailing her to find out info! Lazy me. Cheers again, A.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Jackie Skelly does it - Saw a sign for it up there last night.

Not sure on price you'll need to ring them. I'm sure its available for non-members too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

There's a big message board inside the door of Natures Gold (beside the park).
    Loads of ads for various yoga things,not sure how many of them are in Greystones though

• Registered Users Posts: 38 littlemaxi

Im not 100 per cent sure, but i think there is a yoga class held in the Puroga creche (the one beside superquinn) in the evening when the creche is closed .. perhaps give them a buzz and might be able to tell you more...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Cannot recommend this pilates class enough. She's great and lets you take another class during the week if you can't make your regular class.
    http://www.thrivepilatesstudio.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wonderingrose

Brid Coogan teaches great Yoga classes on Wednesday evenings, suited to all as Brid demonstrates easy version and advanced version of postures. She also brings in breathing exercises and some meditation to help calm the mind. Try her classes - she recommends trying a class before committing to a session. Brid's classes are fun. Her flyer is in Naturesgold and on St. Patricks notice board.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Pilates classes in Delgany with Liz 'Thrive' are fab. I think quite heavily booked so email her and find out.

Also if you are interested in yoga in an out of the way place, but a great, intimate, almost hippy commune type place, there is somewhere in NTMK behind the graveyard. It's great:incense, a wood burner in the winter, bells and the best relaxation at the end of the session ever. Details on the web under 'Sli na bande' or type in NTMK yoga. (Marlene).

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

keith123 wrote: »
    Jackie Skelly does it - Saw a sign for it up there last night.

Not sure on price you'll need to ring them. I'm sure its available for non-members too.
    Don't forget, JS is due to close anyday now though!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Hi

Rionach in Shoreline is great, she is also due to open a Yoga studio beside Hills garage in the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

karlmarcks wrote: »
    I see some new classes starting mid-October 2009. They're called 'Yoga for Balance' and a six-week course costs €90. The teacher is a graduate of Yoga Therapy Ireland's teacher training and has been practising for 20 years. Details are here: http://publiceye.ie/yoga.html

This what she says about her classes:
    Ann-Marie Larkin offers gentle yoga classes which are suitable for men, women and teenagers. As well as teaching the yoga asanas (postures), Ann-Marie places special emphasis on breathing techniques (pranayama) to create a rounded practice which both calms and energises. Short, relaxing meditations complete each class, leaving you feeling peaceful but strong.

These classes are designed to bring balance to a busy lifestyle, so in your class you feel your pulse quicken and your energy build, even as your mind calms.

The class draws on all aspects of yoga, and in it you work at your own pace and your breath is your guide.

I have attended Anne Marie's class in Shoreline. She does Hatha yoga. her methods are verey inspiring and uplifting, even when I did go during the winter months.

I also attended Rachel's class in St Patricks, she too also does Hatha yoga. Her teacher training (like Anne Marie) was based on Hatha yoga. But anyone can venure into the other forms like Asthanga, Bikhram (if you can handle the heat), Anusara, Iyenger and any vinyasa flow classes.

i've attended lots of classes, but none of them are in the Greystones area. If you want a recommendation, then Anne Marie would be my first choice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Athena1

There are classes in the Theatre now also but probably starting in September - everything is closing for the summer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 appleface

there are classes in the marriott but not sure if non members can join in, worth taking a look at I guess

New Yoga Studio opening opposite Hills Garage, beside the Tapas bar on June 14th, classes starting June 21st

www.greystonesyogastudio.ie

I think thats the website

B

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

Shoreline on Tuesday evenings: Beginners at 6.30pm and Intermediate at
    7.30pm, classes running during the summer. PM if you want contact details. The teacher is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mummys Tummy

Hi thrive pilates studio is moving from delgany to charlesland in the next few weeks, they will be teaching pilates, yoga, pregnancy and mum and baby yoga.

More info http://www.thrivepilatesstudio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Merrilady wrote: »
    New Yoga Studio opening opposite Hills Garage, beside the Tapas bar on June 14th, classes starting June 21st

www.greystonesyogastudio.ie

I think thats the website

B

I had problems finding the the site using the link, but I managed to get it and I hope this helps:
    http://greystonesyoga.ie/index.html

My yoga teacher was telling me about it this week. The person's name who is running the Greystones Yoga Studio is called Rionach O'Flynn. What I do know is, my yoga teacher Yvonne Tracey and Rionach will be doing workshops in June on a Sunday. This will entail holding the postures for longer, concentrating on the breath and of course realignment. :) I'm looking forward to that

Yvonne Traey is a FAB teacher - oooohhhh really looking forward to that
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Yvonne Treacy returns to Greystones Yoga Studio to host another morning workshop on Sunday, August 15th - see the news section on http://greystonesyoga.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

astrofluff wrote: »
    Having completed a search of websites locally I am unable to find places that do yoga and pilates within Greystones. I know there were flyers going around but I haven't seen any recently.

So, if anyone knows of some classes going on during the week I would be grateful for your help. They don't have to be any specific form of yoga or pilates. P.S. they're not for me, swear.

There's a class behind the Wicklow Arms mate. I had a regular pick up from there on Saturdays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mummys Tummy

check out new studio in charlesland thrivepilatesstudio.com
    great pilates and yoga there through the summer

Advertisement