Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mild Curry Paste

• 31-03-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recomend a mild curry paste ... I normally use a relative spicy one however cooking for some friends this week who prefer their curries slightly milder...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Just use less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Make your own?

For most people, a "mild" curry refers to the heat of the chilli, not the overall strength of the spices. If you want to cut down the heat but not the flavour, then make your own. If you want both to be cut down, then take the advice from the previous post, and just use less of whatever you usually use.

Here is the recipe I got from my sis. There's a powder and a paste recipe (the paste is,. unsurprisingly, made from the powder) You'll notice there's no chilli of any sort in there. You just add that at cooking time to give the desired heat. Sometimes, I won't use any chilli...resulting in something with oodles of flavour which (almost) anyone will be happy to eat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you still want a bit of sauce just get a plain tomato pasta sauce, mix 50/50.

Advertisement