Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95-1 Vs N95 8GB

• 31-03-2008 1:41pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

is there much difference in the 2?
    we were due N95 8GB this morning from O2 but as it turns out that O2 havent endorsed the 8GB yet so they tried to leave us with the N95-1.

we said no but im just wondering if we done the right thing, as in would we notice the difference between the 2?

thanks very much in advance guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gandalf23 wrote: »

cheers man, will have a look at that tonight when i go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

one benefit of the N95-1 is that you can expand the memory as larger cards are produced. You are limited to 8GB with the N95-2 (8GB).

I have the N95 8GB and love it though. But then I know I'd love the N95-1 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Had the n95/1 for 2 months until I couldn't resist the 8gb version's allure anymore...

pros n95/1:
    - faster opening apps and menus, gallery etc
    - not such a grease-magnet as the black n95/8gb...
    Cons n95/1:
    - screen feels very "soft" (??? i know...but I did feel I might poke a hole in it by accident)...
    - key layout annoying (I kept closing apps by mistake etc etc)

pros 8gb:
    - double the ram, so you need to worry a bit less about closing apps; better if you multitask/listen to music while you browse the web/while you're writing an email.....
    - slightly bigger screen (and feels less damageable...)
    - keypad and d-pad better; fewer input errors (with my fingers anyway)

cons 8gb:
    - though demand paging and more ram mean your phone wont freeze when you have many apps open, the trade-off is that apps and menus don't open as fast (a bit like vista's superfetch...) as on n95/1 - I must qualify this: I had a chance to update n95/1's fw to latest version that supposedly added demand pageing...was still faster than 8gb version...much faster actually!

well, heck, I could go on or not... Both phones are great! i love bigger screens, and I'm fed up buying memory cards...so for me it's the 8gb one - but I wouldn't argue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

No camera lens protector on 8GB model. Bummer. Nokia maintained that they were addressing slow camera start up time on N95-1. Liars ! ;-) As the startup of the camera on the 8GB is Slooowww too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

dodzy wrote: »
    No camera lens protector on 8GB model. Bummer. Nokia maintained that they were addressing slow camera start up time on N95-1. Liars ! ;-) As the startup of the camera on the 8GB is Slooowww too.

true... Although the lense cover on the "classic" was a bit awkward in some reviewers' opinion (getting caught in pockets etcblahblah...), and I've been treating my n95/8 quite roughly at times, and the lense hasn't got any scratches yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Get a set of Marting Fields lens & screen protectors. About 10€ on the web. The best you can get for that price.

Advertisement