Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor car sales by Motorvation

Options
  • 31-03-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I recently purchases a car from the above dealer, they failed to provide a spare key, it has taken 6 months and complaints to the SIMI for the SIMI to instruction them to pay me cost of a key.

He basically laughed at me so i had to go to SIMI

My advice is if you want to deal with this company, then make sure you have everything you need before paying them !!

I know many people who have incurred the same sort of problem,

Stick to your guns and dont let them away with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i had a bad dealing with motorvation before as well. they sold me 100BHP TDI golf when it was told to me that it was a 130BHP. i was also left without a spare key.
    it was my own fault about the engine spec, i should have investigated it more before i bought the thing. the car is perfect though and has never given any bother. it also checked out ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Could I suggest moving this thread to the "motors" forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ASI

how's that done ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

A motor sales in palmerstown did that to a friend of mine. They said they would get her a key then denied saying it. Then when I bought a car myself from another garage, it only had one key. So I wrote it on the bill of sale that the purchase was subject to supplying a second key. The salesman looked at the receipt and called a locksmith to tell him I was on the way.

Putting on sales docket is excellent, do you know how to move the thread to motors section ?? My mistake in posting it here !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

You could Pm the mods....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Why move it? It's a consumer issue. There's no problem with the car. The problem is with the service.

went to SIMI and through there tribunal they awared me cost of a key. Still took the garage nearly 2 months to pay up !! Some operation they have, never again.

I know someone setting up a garage with the idea that all issues must be sorted out before customer leaves with there car !! He's got my business from now on.

i got my car in Oct 2005. would it be too late going back looking for the cost of a key now? (they are 95 euro for a golf!)

who do you contact in the SIMI?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can move the thread if you wish, but to be honest, it is a consumer issue and I'm happy to leave it here in Consumer Issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LogMeOut

Bought what I though was a nice car off this crew On September 19 2008. It's got a trickle leak of coolant and has used over a litre in 600km and has run out 3 times so far. Motorvation took it back twice (once for a morning and once for a week) and according to a local mechanic who checked it for me afterwards they changed 1 seal, nothing else. Have rang to complain and first of all got the sales guy who I won't mention at this point, he came across as civil but was adamant that they've done everything they can but there's obviously no problem. On the way home from my 2nd visit to them with this problem I called into an Audi garage who confirmed a problem with the gearbox which they reckon should have showed up on Motorvations diags when they ran them both times. Another surprise.

Audi garage (who didn't really want to get involved) after some prompting, had the car for a 2nd week long visit and confirmed a small leak but couldn't find it and also confirmed a problem with the gearbox (approx quote for gearbox €2k). I made some phone calls and launched an escalation with Audi Ireland. This is underway. Rang Motorvation to explain that Audi found another issue as well and they weren't interested. Casually said get a quote for the repair and come back to us but only for the coolant, not the gearbox. Audi garage is struggling to provide this as coolant leak hasn't yet been tracked down and labour is €80 p/h (which I'm having to pay).

By this stage I've had to take 5 precious holiday days off and spend €500 to deal with this. Rang Motorvation earlier this week and got sales guy again (we've had a number of calls at this stage) and asked to speak to director who turned out not to be back til today. With mounting costs and time, I felt I'd done what I could and it was their responsibility to get the problem sorted, not mine. When I rang, the director (who was briefed by the sales guy and wanted to skip past the details as if they were irrelevant) he listened and hummed and ha'ed for about 4 minutes, said loosing a litre of coolant is nothing, normal enough, just top it up, and then, if Audi couldn't find it and Motorvation couldn't find it that there's no problem so it's not his problem (he barely spoke 6 lines, all of them denials). After saying this he hung up on me mid sentence.

Now, I have 3 choices at the moment and I'm thinking of taking all 3: There's SIMI, solicitor & national radio. You think a garage like this with a forecourt full of cars might be more civil to their customers.

IMO ignore their pleasant seeming facade before they get your money, cos if you hit a problem they have absolutely NO customer service. ZERO. Just lots of smug arogance. You bought it, you own it, tough, is the attitude.

If anyone has any advice btw I'd be happy to receive it.

what a disaster of a garage!
    they haven't a clue; i never followed up on the spare key which i should have done.
    get onto the SIMI to sort it out; thats what they are there for. you are not the only one having hassle with them.

you could do what your man did with his BMW in north dublin; part it outside the door of the garage and put a sign on it warning people about the problems you have with them... might get them to waken up if they are losing business!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I know this is an old thread, but it's the first one that comes up when you google "boards motorvation" so I just wanted to jump on and give my feedback. It's been said in some other threads that only maybe 1 percent of the people who have positive feedback will post it on a message board (they have no reason for it to be on their minds after all), whereas 90 percent of people with negative feedback will post on complaining*.

I bought a 3 series BMW from them recently and I have to say, so far, I couldn't be happier. They were professional and courteous with me all the time (although a serious stickler for the price!).

I ran into some very minor problems since buying the car. No spare tire. Head lights a little too low on the road (they only lit up a couple of meters ahead of the car) and the passenger side door wouldn't unlock automatically with the key fob.

I gave them a call and they sorted me with a spare tire instantly. They also booked me in to get the other bits sorted. And they did it with no fuss. Took it in yesterday morning. Replaced the headlights and raised them. Replaced the locking mechanism on the passenger side door.

I know they were only small jobs but they did them pretty much straight away and from my experience with them, I would happily deal with them again.

*These statistics are completely made up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed - there's no need to drag up old threads.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement