Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird pricing on memoryc.ie

Options
  • 31-03-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok I was looking into upgrading my RAM to some PC2-8500 stuff. So I was having a look around on memoryc.ie and wanted to see what I could sell my current 4GB Mushkin for.

Now the 4GB PC-8500 kit i'm looking at costs: €154 inc vat

4GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-8500

But my current 4GB mushkin kit of XP2-6400 ram costs: €510.62 inc vat :eek:

4GB DDR2 XP2-6400

I know the timings are very low, but come on. How can the cost difference be so drastic?

Also, I didn't even buy these sticks, I bought a 4GB kit of higher timing stuff from HWV but I needed to RMA them and HWV sent me out this kit as they didn't have the other stuff in stock any more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

There just chancing their arms waitting for some "fool" to buy it .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

surely your kit will clock very high and still have tight timings? maybe beyond pc8500. have you tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

they were selling I think 8400gs on komplett a little while ago for 3 grand I was thinking about getting them for tri sli :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

mushkin has always been very expensive. I really wouldnt bother with 8500 if i were you, your 6400 will go to 9200 and above i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Anti wrote: »
    mushkin has always been very expensive. I really wouldnt bother with 8500 if i were you, your 6400 will go to 9200 and above i would imagine.

bah... i'm thinking about just selling the whole system and starting fresh. I've tried overclocking the RAM, it will stay 8 hours stable up till 950Mhz, but anything higher than that causes errors. I don't think i'll get any where close to 1150Mhz with these sticks. I looked around on the Mushkin forums and the average is around 950 to 1000Mhz at best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i bought 2 x 1gb sticks of mushkin redline xp2 8500.
    bought a second pair from chosen on adverts.

they clock nicely, but not to the extreme i was hoping for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You should have picked the geil black dragons. Some people have had them at 130-1400mhz. Granted the timings were as loose as Awhir's sister!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Anti wrote: »
    Granted the timings were as loose as Awhir's sister!

:p

:p +10 and rep for life

Advertisement